Hilton Culinary Apprentice - Waldorf Astoria Orlando in Orlando, Florida
Have you dreamt of working in the kitchen and becoming a chef? Are you looking for a new career in hospitality?
Hilton is thrilled to announce that we are partnering with the American Hotel & Lodging Association Foundation (AHLAF) and offering Culinary Apprenticeships. This is a fantastic first step into the culinary world where you can embark on a journey to become a skilled and passionate chef.
What Will I Be Doing?
We are seeking enthusiastic and passionate individuals to join our culinary apprenticeship program at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando . As an apprentice, you will have the unique opportunity to work alongside our skilled culinary team, gain practical experience in a professional kitchen, and receive mentorship from experienced chefs. This program is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to pursue a successful career in the culinary arts. As well as hands on experience within the hotel, AHLAF will provide additional training to complete.
• Assist chefs with food preparation, cooking, and plating dishes.
• Learn and practice various culinary techniques, such as knife skills, sautéing, baking, and more.
• Maintain a clean and organized workspace in accordance with health and safety standards.
• Participate in menu planning and the development of new dishes.
• Collaborate with fellow apprentices and chefs to create a positive and efficient kitchen environment.
• Attend culinary classes and workshops to enhance your skills and knowledge.
What are we looking for?
• A strong passion for food and a desire to pursue a career in the culinary arts.
• Enthusiasm to learn and a strong work ethic.
• Willingness to take direction and learn from experienced chefs.
• Effective communication and teamwork skills.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Hands-on culinary experience in a professional kitchen.
• Mentorship and guidance from experienced chefs.
• Exposure to a variety of cooking techniques and cuisines.
• Competitive hourly wage.
• Potential for future employment opportunities within our organization.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands (http://jobs.hiltonworldwide.com/our-brands/index.php) . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Pay rate range: $16-17 per hour
Title: Culinary Apprentice - Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Requisition ID: HOT0A37L
- Hilton Jobs