Lockheed Martin Cyber Systems Security Engineer Stf in Orlando, Florida
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, Training and Logistics Solutions, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training, and education.
Cybersecurity engineering is an evolving discipline and our processes and approaches are evolving to meet those challenges. We’re looking for engineers who can synthesize technical and process information from multiple sources, and develop innovative solutions in fluid problem spaces.
As a cybersecurity engineer, Lockheed Martin invites you to apply an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop, validate and verify resilient cyber solutions across the product lifecycle.
In this role, you will:
• Conduct cyber risk assessment activities including threat modeling, vulnerability analysis and analysis of mitigation solutions.
• Develop, evaluate, and analyze design constraints, trade-offs and detailed system and security design as they pertain to the cyber domain.
• Coordinate with other cybersecurity engineers, system architects, and developers to provide oversight in the development of robust solutions.
• Oversee cybersecurity test and evaluation of hardware and/or software designs to verify and validate compliance with defined specifications and requirements.
• Lead the application of cybersecurity processes, methods, techniques and tools and assure their consistent application.
• Implement appropriate assessment and authorization activities, as required by customers.
• The ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline (such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering), or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related master’s degree.
• 9+ years of technical systems engineering experience with DOD systems.
• A desire to learn, grow, and share knowledge in the cybersecurity domain.
• Willingness to mentor junior level team members.
• DoD 8570 approved baseline certification for IAT Level II (IE CompTIA Security+, GSEC SSCP, CCNA-Security) or ability to achieve certification within 6 months.
• Demonstrated experience leading engineering teams, and estimating resources for execution of cybersecurity engineering tasks.
• Ability to lead cybersecurity efforts in a team environment as well as independently, demonstrate excellent problem-solving abilities, be well organized, flexible, and self-motivated.
• Ability to communicate effectively within cross-functional teams (Systems Engineers, Software Developers, System Administrators, and Information Systems Security Managers).
• Domain experience in areas such as training and information systems, hardware design, software design, penetration testing, encryption, networks, and cross domain solutions.
• Ability to apply an adversarial mindset in developing and evaluating cybersecurity countermeasures.
• Experience applying RMF (or DIACAP) to DoD IT systems.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs