Hilton Senior Event Manager - Signia by Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek & Waldorf Astoria Orlando in Orlando, Florida
The fabulous Signia by Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek (https://hiltonbonnetcreek.com/) /Waldorf Astoria Orlando (https://www.waldorfastoriaorlando.com/) is looking for their next complex Senior Event Manager to join their Events team.
These two adjoining properties are located in Bonnet Creek and are Official Walt Disney World ® Hotels. From a brand-new lobby to elevated guest rooms, signature dining and innovative meetings, guests can enjoy memorable family or business experiences and best-in-class travel in iconic Orlando. The Signia Orlando hold 150,000 sq. ft. of total meeting and function space and the Waldorf Astoria holds 60,000 sq. ft.
A Senior Event Manager is responsible for the successful execution of written sales agreement for large-scale and complex full-service meetings, conventions and events generally covering more than 300 cumulative room nights. Maintains liaison between the customer and their representatives and the hotel by directing each hotel department as to their specific role in the pre-planning and execution of on-site convention. Maximizes revenues and controls expenses through effective negotiation of prices, services and accurate forecasting. Responsible for successful execution of event and customer satisfaction to ensure customer remains loyal and books future business with hotel/company.
What will I be doing?
- Negotiates pricing and terms and conditions of products, labor and services not specifically articulated in master agreement covering the event.
- Directs customer services via site visits, board meetings, menu testing, and planning meetings for definite and potential groups.
- Responsible for representing the hotel to customers in the role of executing negotiated group sales agreements including but not limited to room blocks, food and beverage, exhibits and associated products and services.Directs customer relationships in a proactive manner relative to payment structure, room block management, food and beverage, public room rental and exhibit hall fees, incremental and affiliate revenue streams, performance damages and master billing process.
- Analyzes customers’ service and product needs and financial issues of in-house groups; authorizes appropriate resolution of customers’ concerns while maintaining profitability.
- Ensures guest room, meeting and event logistics are planned, communicated to and executed by respective departments and team members.
- Prepares reports, correspondence and analysis relative to group activity i.e., activity checklist, call reports, forecast evaluations, menu proposals, written customer correspondence, banquet event orders resume, post event report and internal memos or communications.
- Participates in internal and external meetings as determined by the Director of Events i.e., forecast, menu review, department, citywide pre-cons, operational department pre shifts etc.
What are we looking for?
• Minimum Years of Experience: two (2) years of hotel event manager experience
• Experience in supervision or management of 1-3 people.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• Knowledge of the hotel property management systems (Delphi.fdc)
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline.
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands (http://jobs.hiltonworldwide.com/our-brands/index.php) . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Catering and Event Services
Title: Senior Event Manager - Signia by Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek & Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Requisition ID: HOT0A2W0
- Hilton Jobs