Lockheed Martin Senior Manufacturing Engineer / Machining Process/Orlando, FL/4X10 wk in Orlando, Florida
Description: Our mission is clear. At Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control (MFC), we solve complex challenges, advance scientific discovery and deliver innovative solutions to help our customers keep people safe. We take rocket science to the next level and develop systems that protect from both a distance and in close-combat. We are pioneering the future of missile defense and hypersonic technology. And we’re doing it all with a team of incredible employees across the world.
Lockheed Martin is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to support the Machining Operations Center (MOC) within the Missiles and Fire Control (MFC) facility located in Orlando, FL. The MOC specializes in producing ultra-precision machined components that are the foundation of infrared and electro-optical targeting systems used primarily for defense applications.
Job Performance Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with other Manufacturing Engineers, Industrial Engineers, Quality Engineers, and Production stakeholders
• Crate and improve CAM programs utilizing software.
• Identify appropriate equipment (CNC mills, lathes, etc.) and machining strategies to manufacture precision machined components.
• Create/modify detailed work instructions and other shop floor documentation to support production needs.
• Create fixture and tooling concepts and drawings.
• Provide shopfloor support as necessary to resolve technical and manufacturing issues.
• Investigate and perform Root Cause analysis of component non-conformances and ensure implementation of effective Corrective Action.
• Monitor and report on quality, schedule, and cost performance of assigned projects/programs.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Willingness to learn and receive training, and when required, train others.
This role encompasses many of our world famous programs such as:
This role typically requires 3 - 10 years of professional experience
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Orlando is a city in the Central Florida area. This region is a great place to live and to raise a family. Central Florida offers lots of attractive residential housing options. The Greater Orlando metropolitan area is the sixth largest metro area in the southeastern United States. The climate here is warm and sunny all year long for the most part. Orlando is home to Walt Disney World, Universal Studios Florida, and SeaWorld. Orlando is also home to the second largest University in the US, the University of Central Florida (UCF). Where can you get to from Orlando? Orlando is about an hour's drive from Cocoa Beach and the "Space Coast" including NASA and the Kennedy Space Center. Tampa is about 1.5 hours from Orlando. West Palm Beach is about 2.5 hours to the south and Jacksonville is about 2 hours to the northeast. Atlanta, GA is 6 hours to the northwest.
Orlando, FL Visitors Guide .
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in Engineering
• Experience with precision machining (CNC lathes, CNC mills, etc.) capabilities, methods, cutting tools, and fixtures used to manufacture precision components made from aluminum alloys, stainless steel, titanium, and other common aerospace alloys.
• Experienced user of Computer Aided (CAD) software
• Working experience utilizing CAM software such as NX CAM, MasterCAM, etc.
• Working experience with G-code
• Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) interpretation skills.
• Knowledge of precision measuring tools, gauges, and equipment.
• General understanding of Mil-Spec special processes (heat treatment, chem-film, anodize, passivation, organic coatings, etc.).
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and have the ability to obtain a U.S. DoD Security Clearance.
• Experience utilizing CREO or NX for CAD
• Experience utilizing CREO or NX for CAM
• Experience utilizing Vericut
• Familiarity with ISO9000 and AS9100 industry standards, and common military specifications.
• Effective project management.
• Windchill PLM
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
Clearance Level: None
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Manufacturing
- Lockheed Martin Jobs