Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Mid Career (C++) in Orlando, Florida
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: We create unparalleled readiness today and into the future, no matter what the mission may be here at Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems.
At Lockheed Martin, we are passionate about innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking, everything is within our capacity – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee.
We are looking for talented software engineers to join our Flight Training teams in Orlando, FL, working with other engineering disciplines to help develop many best-in-class products and solutions. Whether it is contributing to the success on one of our Flight Simulation systems for our International customers or helping to evolve our product baselines with latest technologies, we have a variety of challenging opportunities that support innovation and career growth.
The successful candidate will be flexible, motivated, dedicated, detail-focused, team-oriented, and capable of multi-tasking. Positions are located in East Orlando, FL at the Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) Lake Underhill Facility. Keeping up-to-date on emerging technologies and tools will be encouraged.
Learn about what we do here at Training, Logistics and Sustainment.
Lockheed Martin (LM) is looking for an ambitious Software Engineer to become a member of the Training, Logistics and Solutions (TLS) Engineering and Technology Team.
As a Software Engineer , you will:
•Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle (design, development, and test).
•Leverage our software engineering processes and procedures while performing their respective software engineering and verification activities.
•Understand and adhere to program cost and schedule targets, make targeted modifications to existing software baselines as well as develop new components and subsystems as requirements dictate.
Typically has 5+ years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
You can learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package by visiting this link.
- Bachelor's level degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics or related technical field and 5+ years (or 3+ years with masters) of professional experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with at least one modern software language:
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance (requires US Citizenship).
- Working knowledge of C++/C on a Linux operating system
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of Object Oriented concepts
- Working knowledge of Agile, Atlassian tool suite (JIRA/Confluence/Bitbucket)
Additional desired capabilities include:
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams (HW, SE, I&T)
- Experience with any of the following: Flight Simulation, Avionics, Operational Flight Programs, Flight Dynamics, Flight Performance
- Experience writing and designing to software requirements
- Ability to perform software integration and test development activities
- Docker, Ansible, GitLab, AWS, Kubernetes, Software Factory, Virtualization (VMWare)
- Experience developing software on Linux and/or Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge of Model Based Engineering (MBE), DOORs, Cameo, Rhapsody
- Willingness to travel
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs