Lockheed Martin Software Quality Engineer / F35 Training Systems / Orlando, FL in Orlando, Florida
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are passionate about innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education.
This is a Systems/Software Quality Engineering position supporting the LM Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) F-35 Training Systems (TS) Program, based in Orlando, FL.
This position will support F-35 Training Systems (TS) Quality Program Management on Engineering Quality Assurance (EQA) work tasks/priorities and functionally collaborates with the LM RMS Engineering Quality Manager for F-35 TS. Will be encouraged to quickly come-up to speed with the F-35 TS products, System/Software Quality Engineering work scope, technical requirements, program risks, and delivery landmark schedule. The F-35 Quality Engineer’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Help Identify root causes and associated corrective actions, evaluate process/product performance, and participate/work with the engineering counterparts on program activities to assure processes and products are compliant to contractual requirements
- Ability to evaluate data to identify systemic issues and trends
- Provide inputs to Systems/Software Quality Engineering Leadership to ensure sound labor estimates on ECPs and on-going proposal efforts
- Perform software code reviews
- Participate in the F-35 TS change control process boards (ERC/CRB), as required
- Witness F-35 TS integration and test activities and formal quality testing, as required
- Support security/information assurance activities, as required
- Support F-35 TS production, test, and DCMA acceptance at source efforts in between deployments
- There may be some travel as needed to support deployment of F-35 TS deliverables to global customer sites, ensuring successful customer acceptance at sites
-Excellent communication skills.
-Proven process auditing experience.
-Must be able to obtain a secret clearance.
-Use of MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
-Familiarity with System & Software Engineering requirements, design, integration and test. -understanding of systems life cycles, software dependencies, development lifecycles, process flow and development methodologies, software programming (C++ or others) and scripting. -Must have a valid passport with a minimum of 12 months before expiration date. -Must be able to manage multiple priorities and have strong documentation and follow through skills.
-Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of quality engineering experience. DoD contract experience.
-Knowledge/experience in software development
-lifecycles, C++, Linux, XML, Python/bash scripting, Agile development methodologies, Atlassian tools. Systems and Hardware Engineering a Plus.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs