Hilton Sous Chef - Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Orlando, Florida
Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista (https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/orldwhh-hilton-orlando-lake-buena-vista/?SEO\_id=GMB-AMER-HH-ORLDWHH&y\_source=1\_MTIyMDgwOS03MTUtbG9jYXRpb24ud2Vic2l0ZQ==) is currently seeking a talented Sous Chef to help lead their culinary team! This Sous Chef will oversee the culinary execution of all food and beverage outlets.
The ideal candidate will be a strong relationship builder with excellent communication and follow up skills, have a passion for culinary excellence, enjoy menu creation, have at least 1-2 years of Sous Chef experience, and have a solid leadership background.
Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista is the first Hilton Hotel to open on Disney property! It is the closest hotel to Disney Springs with just a short walk over the Pedestrian skybridge. The property features 800 guest rooms and an assortment of dining options to satisfy every craving!
What are the benefits of working for Hilton?*
Hilton is proud to support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as:
- Go Hilton travel program: 100 nights of discounted travel
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
- Hilton Shares: Our employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - you can purchase Hilton shares at a 15 percent discount!
- Maternity and parental leave, including 12 weeks of paid leave for birthing parents and four weeks of paid leave for eligible Team Members, including partners and adoptive parents
- Debt-Free Education: Team Members will have access to a wide variety of educational credentials through our partnership with Guild Education, including: college degrees and professional certifications
- Flexible shifts and days off
- Comprehensive Health Insurance coverage for you and your family, including Telemedicine and at-home care
- Mental health resources including free counseling through our Employee Assistance Program
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401K plan and company match to help save for your retirement
**Available benefits may vary depending upon property-specific terms and conditions of employment
What will I be doing?
As Sous Chef , you would be responsible for assisting with the direction and oversight of all culinary operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, a Sous Chef would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist the Executive Chef in the direction and oversight of all culinary operations, to include, but not limited to, preparation and production of all hotel meals, food quality and presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards and regulation, team member productivity and performance, implementation of policies and procedures, cost controls and overall profitability
- Create and implement menu selections for restaurant outlets based on current food trends and regional tastes in partnership with the Executive Chef and Director of Food and Beverage, as needed
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, conducting counseling and assisting with evaluations, training, scheduling and assigning work and delivering recognition and reward
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands (http://jobs.hiltonworldwide.com/our-brands/index.php) . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Sous Chef - Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
Requisition ID: HOT0A2R5
- Hilton Jobs