Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Sr / Visuals Applications in Orlando, Florida
Description: Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems has an opportunity in Orlando, Florida for a career Systems or Software Engineer supporting the Strategic Product Support group, specifically in a visuals application role. The visuals application systems engineer position will support computer graphics-related software development, multi-spectral terrain database imagery and models creation, and visual display systems for implementation on training simulators. This encompasses the design, development, deployment, and testing of complex visual display solutions in a real-time training environment. This is a position that carries out work assignments of limited scope and complexity using a variety of standard engineering methods and techniques in solving problems.
We value your unique skills and expertise, and we aim to give back continuously by offering a wide variety of benefits and amenities to help our employees live flexible, balanced, and fulfilling lives at, and outside of work.
• Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics or related technical field and 5+ years of relevant work experience
• Experience developing or testing technical system requirements
• Experience creating or revising technical system documentation
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance (requires US Citizenship)
Desired skills :
• Ability to communicate with varying levels of stakeholders and build relationships effectively
• Detail-oriented with strong English language communication skills; both verbal and written
• Configuration of image generators for virtual simulation
• Evaluation of computer graphics generation
• Measurement and testing of display systems
• Computer graphics pipeline
• Principles of light, vision, and photometry
• Integration of visual display system components into virtual training simulators
• Experience with DOORS with documenting technical system requirements and traceability
• Familiar with performing gap analysis between customer requirements and available technology
• A keen analytical mind with strong problem-solving skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs