Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer (Systems Design & Requirements) - Orlando, FL in Orlando, Florida
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 8, 2021, Lockheed Martin will require all newly hired employees, in the United States, must be fully vaccinated before their start date.
Description: Candidate will participate in the Systems Engineering "Early Career" program which is focused on development of key Systems Engineering skills applicable to the company's product portfolio. Candidate will perform a variety of Systems Engineering tasks and assignments that will promote the development of their technical and strategic engineering, leadership and interpersonal skills in a structured framework within the engineering disciplines, such as , Electrical, and Systems.
Candidates are required to work in a cross-functional team environment. Performing tasks and assignments emphasizing development of technical and strategic leadership and interpersonal skills in a structured framework within the engineering disciplines, such as , electrical, software, and systems. Must have good communication skills, work in a team environment and can solve cross-functional technical problems.
● Tasks include the analysis of customer's initial specifications and development of product specifications / techniques to satisfy customer . Assists in the development of the system architecture and interfaces of the product, as well as performing trade studies and evaluations of designs and concepts. This includes the generation of systems engineering work products such as trade studies, system architecture, analysis, derivation, and management using appropriate tools.
● Tasks also include the generation and analysis of performance reports and process control procedures; investigation and analysis of relevant variables potentially affecting the product and processes. This includes system , analysis of vehicle configuration, aerodynamic and vehicle performance characterization, guidance, navigation and control systems, target tracking systems, pointing and aiming systems, fire control systems, and trajectory analysis. Additional involvement may occur in developing and maintaining engineering models and simulations that provide the basis for engineering predictions of vehicle, system and subsystem performance.
● Additional task involvement includes development of integration and processes and performing integration of system components, as well as determination of verification methods, development of documentation, planning, and product execution. Assignment may involve the development of integration and plans and conducts in-house system and subsystem integration tasks, tasks, and ground/flight tests of the system to required levels to meet product as well as generating and analyzing performance reports and process control procedures.
● Must be a U.S. Citizen and have an Active DoD Secret clearance.
● Requires a Bachelor’s degree with two (2) years of professional experience; or a Master's degree. Degrees must be from an accredited college in Engineering, Math, or Physics or related area.
● Must have good communication skills, be able to effectively work in a team environment, capable of solving complex problems, and be able to focus on the complete product and the full life cycle of the product. Interest in weapon system development or fire control development and a proven track record of leadership.
● Proficiency in programming languages such as C and is desired. Strong background in mathematics and proficiency in or a related simulation tool is preferred. Course work or related experience in control theory and/or electro-optics, development, system architecture and , system analysis, radar pattern recognition, image processing, aerodynamics, guidance and navigation, modeling and simulation, integration and testing of hardware and/or software components is highly beneficial.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs