Lockheed Martin Avionics Mission Processing Systems Engineer in Owego, New York
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description: The Lockheed Martin Mission Systems Engineering organization is looking for a mid-career Mission Processing Systems engineer to join our team. The selected individual will be part of a team supporting systems design and integration activities for military rotary and fixed-wing aircraft platforms. Activities and responsibilities will include interfacing with multiple engineering disciplines (hardware, software and specialty engineering) as well as equipment suppliers, supporting requirements definition and decomposition, developing software requirement specifications, and other design artifacts/activities for the successful integration of mission computers and subsystems onto fixed or rotary wing aircraft platforms.
System engineering tasks may include: technical trade studies, requirements allocation and equipment interface definitions, system design, translation of customer requirements into hardware and software specifications, documentation review and update, equipment and software integration, lab regression testing, flight test support, analysis & documentation of problem trouble reports, written and verbal status of testing progress to an engineering team.
Owego, New York is located about 200 miles northwest of New York City and about 75 miles south of Syracuse, New York, sits just north of the border with Pennsylvania and is part of what's known as the "Southern Tier" section of New York State. The region is home to Binghamton University, Ithaca College and Cornell University. Great metropolitan weekend getaways with friends are just a few hours away and include areas such as Niagara Falls, NYC, & Philadelphia. The Adirondacks, Catskills, Lake Ontario and the Finger Lakes are also areas to explore and host activities including: sailing, boating, kayaking, jet skiing, hiking, mountain biking, golfing, fishing, skiing, snow shoeing, concerts, shows and seasonal festivals. The local area and region are also home to a number of New York state wineries and craft breweries.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college or equivalent experience.
• Broad systems engineering experience (e.g. system architecture and design, systems documentation, system requirements, CONOPS, systems verification)
• Familiarity with a broad set of common aircraft technologies and interfaces such as: sensors, software designs, human machine interfaces, Ethernet, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC-429, data transfer devices
• Motivated self-starter with attention to detail. Proven ability to collaborate in a team environment with general supervision.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills; interest in solving hardware/software problems in a lab environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to obtain DoD Secret Security clearance.
• Experience with embedded computing systems and the integration and test of embedded safety critical SW systems.
• Knowledge of networking (network designs, Ethernet, routers, switches).
• Familiarity with airworthiness (DO-178, DO-254) standards.
• Experience using Enterprise Modeling Tools and SysML
• Tools/Languages: DOORS, Rhapsody, Cameo, SySML, Python
• Current active secret security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs