Lockheed Martin Engineering High School Intern in Owego, New York
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description: Looking for a career with purpose? ...one that challenges your mind, grows your skills and makes a difference in our world? Do you pride yourself on solving problems that others think are impossible? If you answered yes to these questions, then please consider joining Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems in Owego, NY. We are seeking energetic, enthusiastic candidates striving to succeed in a career that develops new skills while performing a variety of tasks to include analysis, problem solving, and critical thinking. This employment opportunity with Lockheed Martin includes on-the-job mentorship by some of the brightest engineers in the defense industry who will challenge you to grow your skills in computer, electrical, or mechanical systems, software development, integration and/or testing.
An intern in this position will work closely with a team of engineers in a technical application area such as military aircraft avionics, mission systems, sensor subsystems or mail handling systems, unmanned vehicles, mission planning, simulation or automation. Assigned Engineering tasks may include (depending on assignment):
- Software/Computer: Requirements analysis, design, code, software unit test, documentation review and update, testing of recent engineering releases.
- Systems: System design, requirements generation from customer requirements, hardware and software integration and test.
- Electrical: Electrical schematic and cable harness assembly, assist with lab build, integration, and test, edit designs with AutocAD or Zuken E3, bill of material entry
- Mechanical: Mechanical detailed part design with 3D Modeling and 2D drawings, assist with lab build, integration, and test, bill of material entry
Candidates that have a strong desire to engage, and understand the fundamentals of engineering are encouraged to apply.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn a variety of new skills & tools
- Excels in both team & individual work
- Good working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Some programming using languages such as Python, C, C++, or Java (for some positions)
- Participation in STEM extra-curricular activities such as Science Olympiad, FIRST Robotics, Career Days, field trips, or summer camps
- Intentional participation in STEM elective courses in Junior/Senior high school
These vary depending on position but could include:
* Experience with embedded or Linux operating systems, shell scripting
* Working knowledge of electronic measurement equipment
* Familiarity with AutoCAD and/or Zuken E3 and/or Windchill tools
* Familiarity with systems engineering processes
* High School course work or lab experience in one or more of the following is highly desirable: design, software, robotics or other competition teams related to engineering projects
* Strong Math background
* Broad background outside of STEM such as sports, music, arts
* 2.5 GPA or higher preferred, but not required (Cumulative or Major GPA)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs