Lockheed Martin Software Engineering Asc Manager in Owego, New York
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
At the dawn of a new age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator, and builder. Our amazing workforce is on a mission to make a difference in the world. Our World-class team leverages unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products.
At Lockheed Martin, our employees are at the core of all we do making our people our most valuable asset. As a Software Engineering Asc Manager with Lockheed Martin your duty is to enable your teams to tackle the world's toughest problems by ensuring they have the skills, tools, and motivation for success. You will also play an important role in their career development, professional growth, and overall career satisfaction. If you have the passion, drive, and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The successful candidate will assume a Software Engineering First Level Management (FLM) position reporting to the Functional Manager of Mission Computers & Design Assurance. The candidate will be responsible for the technical, cost, and schedule execution of software development activities for a number of simultaneous program milestones and objectives across multiple Lines of Business. The chosen candidate will be engaged in program software development activities across the full software development life cycle, ensuring the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools are applied on assigned programs. In addition, the chosen candidate will be given the opportunity to advance the craft of software engineering, implementing new and modern tools and techniques. Candidate will be responsible for personnel management of a software team to include performance assessment, career development guidance, program assignments, merit and salary actions, training plans, staffing and recruiting. The individual will be responsible for making innovative contributions to the development of new business opportunities and product line road maps.
Program duties include providing adequate staffing and training/skill/knowledge base; addressing Engineering Program Management (EPM) staffing requests and performance adjustments; handling contract-related issues (program priorities, work schedules, tools, workload planning, workload balance, task monitoring, issue resolution, etc.); helping put together and executing recovery plans; reviewing Earned Value Management (EVM); dealing with out-of-scope requests; participating in key milestone event preparation (PDR, CDR, etc.); keeping the team, upper management, Chief Engineer org, and Program Management informed via Items-of-Interest (IOIs), Monthly Program Reviews (MPRs), and Chief Engineer Reviews (CERs); and assuring the Software Development process is followed. Special assignments as assigned.
Some travel may be required.
Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the SECRET level.
Owego, New York is located about 200 miles northwest of New York City and about 75 miles south of Syracuse New York. Owego sits just north of the border with Pennsylvania and is part of what's known as the "Southern Tier" section of New York State. The region is home to Binghamton University and Cornell University. Niagara Falls, NYC, & Philadelphia are all within a few hours’ drive from Owego. Rolling hillsides, historic homes, quaint country shops, riverside restaurants, fabulous festivals, and a beautiful river make this region a great place to live.
• Software Engineering or similar background.
• Bachelor’s degree in a SW engineering related field.
• Typical minimum related experience of 10+ years.
• Experience with Leading Development Teams.
• Proven leadership experience in engineering assignments and successful proven results in leading and executing on software intensive programs.
• Strong and proven understanding of the Engineering development process.
• Demonstrated ability through work experience, to partner across organizations to achieve results.
• Working knowledge in the development of software using multiple programming languages (e.g. ADA, C, C++, Java) on multiple development platforms (e.g. Windows, VxWorks, Linux).
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
• Active security clearance or ability to obtain prior to start.
• Experience leading large SW development programs.
• Experience in Product Line development, management, and oversight.
• Understanding of all phases of the Software Development Process.
• Experience leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
• Ability to mentor and influence engineers of all levels is also essential
• Candidate should be comfortable with presenting to the customer and all levels of internal and external higher management.
• Familiarity with DevSecOps and Lean principles.
• Passionate about transformation and modernization initiatives.
• Agile Coaching experience and Agile certifications (e.g. Product Owner, Scrum Master, SAFe, etc.).
• Ability to multi-task, excellent communication skills, and full Spectrum Leadership (FSL) skills.
• Candidate must be a strategic, forward thinker with a can-do attitude.
• High desire to provide customer satisfaction.
• New business capture and/or proposal experience.
• CAM certified.
• Strong analytical/debug and SW/HW integration and test skills.
• Demonstrated and recognized for Full Spectrum Leadership behaviors and skills.
• Willing to consider a level 4 with Prior leadership/management experience. Familiar with software development process.
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
At Lockheed Martin, we use our passion for purposeful innovation to help keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. Our people are some of the greatest minds in the industry and truly make Lockheed Martin a great place to work.
With our employees as our priority, we provide diverse career opportunities designed to propel, develop, and boost agility. Our flexible schedules, competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits enable our employees to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work. We place an emphasis on empowering our employees by fostering an inclusive environment built upon integrity and corporate responsibility.
If this sounds like a culture you connect with, you’re invited to apply for this role. Or, if you are unsure whether your experience aligns with the requirements of this position, we encourage you to search on Lockheed Martin Jobs , and apply for roles that align with your qualifications.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Software Engineering
- Lockheed Martin Jobs