Lockheed Martin E1454:Aeronautical Engineer Stf in Palmdale, California
Description: The Lockheed Martin Skunk Works® is a national asset that not only holds a legendary history but also a promising future. Just as founder Clarence “Kelly” Johnson intended, we’re not big on titles or protocol – we simply tackle the toughest technical challenges, making a real difference for our customers.
This position is for an experienced Liaison Engineer for the U-2 program in Palmdale, CA. A successful candidate will apply extensive technical expertise in developing solutions to aircraft structural design problems and investigate and disposition non-conforming parts and assemblies, on-site and in the field. This position will require a successful applicant to work independently during swing shift to perform design repairs during Periodic Depot Maintenance (PDM) at Site 2. Also required is ability to manage high volumes of tags requiring MRB dispositions, direct interaction with customers, suppliers, manufacturing, flight test, procurement, Quality Assurance, Production Operations and various other engineering disciplines.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Creating requirements for standard repairs and tracking of PDM repairs.
• Coordinating with suppliers, internal and external integrated product teams.
• Providing manufacturing, component test and ground/flight test support.
• Investigating and determining root cause and recommending corrective actions for component failures.
• Serving as a primary Liaison technical contact for airframe structural repairs. Assisting field operating locations with repair solutions considered beyond technical manual criteria.
• Function in leadership roles, helping to provide solutions for improving PDM schedule and cost. Proving mentorship to new engineers looking to obtain MRB authority on the U2 program.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Selected applicant will require an interim secret security clearance to start and will be required to obtain a secret clearance after starting.
• Experience in airframe structure design and analysis
• MRB experience that covers a variety of aircraft structural repairs, both composite and metallic
• Experience in troubleshooting aircraft hydraulic, fuel and environmental control systems
•Experience with CATIA, Solidworks, Pro Engineer, Creo, Unigraphics, NX or equivalent 3-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) tool.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
• Experience in CATIA V4 and V5
• Experience with metallic and composite design
• Previous Material Review certification
• Experience with GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
• Experience with hand stress analysis
• Bachelor’s degree with 9 years of professional experience, or 7 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs