Lockheed Martin E1463:Systems Engineer Sr (Level 3) in Palmdale, California
Description: Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company, home of the world-renowned Skunk Works®, turns visionary aircraft into reality and is known for building the finest military aircraft in the world. This recognition is continually earned through our commitment to relentless research and development of high-performance aircraft, continuously seeking innovative, low-cost design and manufacturing strategies, and delivering operational readiness for our customers' missions to ensure continued relevancy for the life cycle of our products.
Reliability, Maintainability, and Supportability (RM&S) engineer for Advanced Development Programs. The candidate will be familiar with RM&S analysis methods, including reliability predictions and allocations, mission reliability analysis, failure modes and effects analysis, maintainability predictions (mean time to repair, crew size), maintenance task analysis, prognostics, diagnostics, health management, scheduled maintenance, timeline analysis, human factors, logistics footprint, support equipment requirements, manpower requirements, and sortie generation rate. The applicant will perform trade studies to establish system, segment, and equipment RM&S requirements, assess their performance, and influence the design. The candidate will also participate in establishing RM&S requirements for conceptual designs based on customer needs, state-of-the-art technology capabilities, and program level performance requirements. These requirements will be established in system, segment, and equipment specifications and contractor and supplier statements of work.
Develops and maintains program RM&S processes. Establishes RM&S technical performance measures (TPMs). Coordinates internal RM&S technical reviews. Establishes and maintains RM&S IPT risks, opportunities, and issues. Serves as the focal point for release of RM&S technical data outside the RM&S IPT. Develops and maintains system reliability and availability models.
A level 3 employee Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Palmdale, CA Discover Palmdale.
- Demonstrated experience in Reliability Engineering:
- Understanding of failure rates, distinction between field and predictive reliability rates.
- Familiarity with FMEA/FMECA, constructing, analysis and applications.
- Ability to read engineering drawings (mechanical and electrical)
- Experience with Microsoft Office, to include PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
-Bachelors degree or above in STEM
- Must have current active Secret Clearance
- Ability to interface and coordinate program activities with other technical disciplines such as Design Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Engineering, and Procurement.
- Ability to Interface and work with other team members and cross-learn various skills.
- Understand limitations and applicability of predictive methods.
- Background in statistical methods, Block Diagrams, concepts of PLOC, PLOA.
- Understand Interface and dependencies of reliability and maintenance activities
- Have some experience with Reliasoft reliability software
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs