Lockheed Martin Human Resources Asc - Intern in Palmdale, California
Description: Within Lockheed Martin’s Aeronautics Company and under the guidance of a HR Business Partner Sr. Manager, the HR Business Partner intern will:
• Attend meetings with client organizations to gain an understanding of the business, growth, and upcoming human resource related actions that ensure the client organization possesses the necessary workforce volume & capability to effectively and efficiently deliver core services while managing labor cost and developing future bench strength.
• Support various HR functions in the development and/or execution of strategic workforce plans for assigned client organizations.
• Participate in the review of workforce metrics to identify workforce gaps, risks, and areas of opportunity for the client organization in order to partner with the relevant Human Resources Centers of Excellence (COE) to prioritize and design the corresponding mitigation.
• Participate in the coaching, consultation, and guidance provided to leaders and employees on the effective management of people, resources, and organizations, as well as demonstrating effective interpersonal skills related to communication and conflict management.
• Learn how to drive lateral connectivity and demonstrate collaboration within Human Resources and across the enterprise.
• Utilize Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project) and other software tools/ solutions as needed to prepare documents and presentations.
• Independently plan and execute one project and collaborate with HR intern team members on an additional project related to a HR process, tool, or practice
• Perform other duties as assigned.
•Bachelor or Master’s program pursuing a degree Human Resources, Industrial Relations, or Business Administration with an emphasis/focus on Human Resources, or a related field.
Must be a US Citizen or legally authorized to work in US as a permanent resident. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
• Possess a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
• Prior experience in the field/discipline of Human Resources applying standard practices, processes, and regulations
• Ability to obtain a secret/top secret security clearance if applicable.
• Demonstrated experience consulting with an assigned client organization on Human Resources topics
• Demonstrated experience managing projects and initiatives, including developing project plans, identifying stakeholders, preparing corresponding communication plans, identifying of milestones, deadlines, and metrics to assess outcomes/results
• Demonstrated experience developing strategic workforce management plans for assigned client organization in coordination with overarching client organization/company, including identification of workforce gaps, opportunities, and methods to address near and long term resource requirements
• Demonstrated experience delivering results for the business in partnership with Human Resource’s Centers of Excellence, corresponding Human Resource’s Business Partners, and other organizations as needed
• Demonstrated ability and experience coaching leaders and employees
• Demonstrated ability and experience facilitating groups to create solutions and resolve issues
• Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders using multiple methods based on context
• Basic to moderate knowledge and experience with change management principles and methodology; preference for experience using Prosci methodology
• Basic to moderate knowledge of org design principles and methodology
• Demonstrated understanding of human capital analytics and key workforce metrics
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships, collaborate with others, engage in constructive conflict, and manage interpersonal dynamics
• Demonstrate strong decision making and judgment, oral and written communication, and business acumen
• Demonstrate basic financial acumen
• Demonstrated experience using relevant software tools/ solutions e.g., Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project).
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 8, 2021, Lockheed Martin will require all newly hired employees, in the United States, must be fully vaccinated before their start date.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs