Lockheed Martin Industrial Engineer Sr Staff (Level 5) in Palmdale, California
Description: We are Lockheed Martin
The Skunk Works is known for small empowered teams delivering breakthrough capabilities and landmark aircraft that continually redefine flight. As our business grows, we are looking to expand our industrial engineering team with someone who can help us deliver breakthrough capabilities that redefine our production systems. This talented team member understands data and loves building tools that use data to surface problems and give people a convenient way to act. If you possess a passion for continuous improvement and are always looking for ways to reduce waste, improve human factors, and introduce technology to effect change, this may be the role for you.
This is a mid-career opportunity where you will:
• Apply advanced Industrial Engineering concepts and techniques to analyze business processes and reduce waste.
• Interrogate data systems and look for opportunities to surface problems and drive improvements.
• Provide direct shop floor support including creation of crew plans, burn down charts, and performance metrics to optimize production.
• Own process improvement efforts, insuring adoption while demonstrating results.
• Document your work and train stakeholders and peers.
• Be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Must have the ability to obtain a secret level clearance after hire.
A level 5 employee Typically has 14 - 25 years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Palmdale, CA Discover Palmdale.
This position offers a sign-on bonus of $30,000.00 for external candidates. If selected for this position, the sign-on bonus is subject to applicable taxes and will be processed and paid shortly after you begin employment with Lockheed Martin
• Bachelor's degree or higher education from an accredited college or equivalent experience in production and scheduling
• Experience monitoring and reporting metrics related to cost and schedule
• Experience developing resource loading plans or manpower scheduling
• Bachelor's degree in an Industrial Engineering or science related discipline
• Industrial Engineering experience
• Certified in Production & Inventory Management (CPIM)
• Excel Macros, Access database knowledge, digital production metric displays
• Experience with SAP, 3DX, or Teamcenter
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation), particularly with Production Operations and Program Offices
• Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize assignments
• Aircraft Production Experience or New Production Line Experience
• Earned Value Management (EVM), an understanding of Schedule Performance Index (SPI) and Cost Performance Index (CPI)
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
The annual base salary range for this position in California or New York City is $123,500 - $232,800. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/ training, key skills as well as market and business considerations when extending an offer.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
This position is incentive plan eligible.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Yes
Career Area: Manufacturing
- Lockheed Martin Jobs