Lockheed Martin Supply Chain Management Asc - Intern in Palmdale, California
Description: Would you like an opportunity to gain experience in the many facets of Supply Chain? Do you want to be regularly challenged to solve problems and make an impact? Are you looking for an opportunity that directly effects a company’s bottom line? Do you want to work on the most technologically advanced programs in the industry?
The Lockheed Martin Supply Chain team partners with more than 15,700 suppliers in 57 countries to deliver solutions that capture new business, grow current programs and accelerate Lockheed Martin into the future. Together, we deliver affordable supply chain solutions that meet all program requirements and manage supply chain risks to ensure positive supplier performance through all phases of a program.
We open doors to opportunity and innovation; come join our team today.
This position would be to learn and be a part of a team that works alongside the procurement teams within the organization. All the support organizations gain exposure to different aspects of inputs and outputs of the products we deliver.
• Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management, engineering, proposal management and supply chain management.
• Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports.
• Assesses project status, budgets, issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
• Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
• Process Integration across all lines of business, coordinating activities related to data analysis & integrity, demand management, supply plan health, supporting fabrication/assembly, production, development and sustainment.
• Risk Management and development of mitigation plans with Buyer, Supplier, Supplier Performance Team – Technical Service Manager, Supplier Quality Managers and Internal Customers
• Global Logistics and operational support to ensure goods movement/management Domestically & Internationally.
Pursuing Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management (SCM), Industrial Distribution, SCM related degree or business major, i.e., information systems, management, accounting, finance, economics, operations engineering.
Must be a US Citizen or legally authorized to work in US as a permanent resident. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
• Minimum of 60 College Credit Hours towards a Bachelor’s Degree
• Excellent written/oral communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to organize tasks and prioritize assignments
• Effective time management skills
• Problem-solving skills/logic
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize under pressure
• Ability to be flexible and embrace change
• Self-motivated and takes initiative
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 8, 2021, Lockheed Martin will require all newly hired employees, in the United States, must be fully vaccinated before their start date.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs