Cardinal Health Retail Pharmacy Technician (Petaluma Health) in Petaluma, California
Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions
With over 45 years of experience in helping hundreds of hospital and outpatient pharmacies, we provide access to best practice strategies and tactics to control costs, improve workflow and enhance safety. Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions is one of the largest employers of acute-care pharmacist in the United States. Cardinal Health is the employer of choice for pharmacists because we offer a variety of career opportunities in pharmacy leadership, clinical specialties, remote order entry, business management, medication therapy management and more.
Community Health Center Retail Pharmacy Technician
This position is located at Petaluma Health
Pharmacy Hours: Monday-Thursday 9:00 AM-5:30 PM, Saturday 9:00 AM-1:00 PM
Schedule : Full-time 40 hours/week
Cardinal Health Community Health Center programs are designed and created specifically for healthcare facilities. Our comprehensive suite of pharmaceutical solutions, allows us to address population health management needs across the continuum of care, from HRSA compliance to medication adherence. Serving the patient is our main priority, and that’s why our solutions improve patient access and increase quality of care.
Cardinal Health is looking for a highly motivated technician to work in a company owned retail contract pharmacy. Our technicians play an important role in delivering medication and pharmaceutical care in communities that are most in need. This includes developing close relationships with patients in communities we serve and assisting the pharmacists in accurately preparing and delivering prescription medication.
- Maintain professional working relationships at all times, with the pharmacy personnel, physicians, nurses, and other medical personnel.
- Understand that the requirements of working in a pharmacy are varied and may change as demands on the department change.
- Be available to the customer/patients at all times.
- Maintain friendly and helpful attitude at all times when dealing with customers.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by profiling prescriptions; preparing labels and calculating quantities
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and ordering when needed
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Works with pharmacy team to ensure best practices are being followed with regards to 340B
- High school degree or equivalent
- Bilingual Spanish, preferred
- Registration in state in which the position is located (if applicable)
- At least 2 years with retail pharmacy technician related experience
- 340B experience preferred
- 2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine / 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- 1 booster dose of the vaccine (Johnson & Johnson, Moderna, or Pfizer)
Anticipated salary range: $23-$28/hour
Bonus eligible: No
Benefits: Health insurance, 401k Contributions, Paid Time Off, Vacation, STD/LTD
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a "Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube (http://youtube.com/user/CardinalHealth)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs