Hilton Lifeguard Supervisor - Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort in Phoenix, Arizona
The historic Arizona Biltmore is looking for a Lifeguard Supervisor to join the Pool Team!
Located in the heart of the prestigious Biltmore neighborhood in Phoenix since 1929, this gorgeous 39-acre property reopened in May 2021 after undergoing a $100 millionrenovation.This iconic hotel has over 700 rooms, over 200,000 square feet in banquet space, and 8 food and beverage outlets (including 2 restaurants, 2 pools, 2 bars, a gelato shop/café, and in-room dining).
- Classification: Full-Time
- Shift: Various – must have availability to work weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
Want to learn more? Hotel Website (https://www.arizonabiltmore.com) , Instagram, Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ArizonaBiltmoreAWaldorfAstoriaResort)
What will I be doing?
As a Lifeguard Supervisor, you will be responsible for directly overseeing the daily operations of the Paradise Waterslide and the staff of lifeguards who assist them in the daily functions. You will be an integral part of the Pool Leadership Team who ensures we provide safe, clean, family friendly aquatic facilities for Resort guests, and visitors to enjoy the Twist waterslide and have fun. Supervision and guidance for this position is provided by the Pool Management Team. Specifically, this includes but is not limited to:
- Responsible for assisting management in the direction and administration of the lifeguard team in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and safety.
- Observe guests utilizing the pool slide and performs designated rescue practices as needed to ensure guest safety according to local, state and federal health and safety regulations.
- Provide direct oversight and supervision for Twist Waterslide by enforcing safety rules, supervising guests & swimmers, rendering first aid/emergency care and monitor lifeguard performance expectations.
- Act as a role model for staff in presenting a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Demonstrate lifeguarding skills, knowledge, and execution to exceed industry standards.
- Supervise the team of lifeguards and ensure everyone adheres the rules and regulations of the Resort
- Act a shift leader on the slide, monitors breaks, rotations, communication
- Conduct trainings and in-services with the team on bi-weekly basis
- Ensure daily logs and checklists are recorded and maintained accurately
- Conduct daily stand up meetings, ensure team is ready for the day as well as keeps team engaged and motivated
- Act as a team leader in case of emergency, directs lifeguards in the best possible way to conduct the rescue and accommodate guest in distress
- React calmly and immediately to emergency situations and administers proper care.
- Create and promote safety culture within the lifeguard team
- Ensure that our team is compliant with all the training as well as safety regulations required by Ellis & Associates
- Report disciplinary issues to Pool Management Team.
- Make recommendations for changes and improvements in operations, training, staffing, policies and procedures, and other areas.
- Assist Pool Management with pool and slide cleanliness, when needed.
- Assist with lifeguard scheduling, on-boarding and training.
- Monitor lifeguard performance, attendance and attitude. Conduct coach and council as needed.
- Test Rides the slides prior to opening to ensure slide safety
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands (http://jobs.hiltonworldwide.com/our-brands/index.php) . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
The Benefits – Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S. (Hilton named #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S)
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as:
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
- Health insurance
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Go Hilton travel discount program
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Supportive parental leave
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Debt-free education (https://newsroom.hilton.com/corporate/news/hilton-announces-new-education-benefit-through-partnership-with-guild-education): Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)
Job: Spa, Health Club, Recreation
Title: Lifeguard Supervisor - Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Requisition ID: HOT08ZX2
- Hilton Jobs