HCA, Hospital Corporation of America New Graduate (RN) StaRN Residency Program in Plantation, Florida
New Graduate (RN) StaRN, Multiple Departments Available Full Time, Various Shifts Available, 0.9 FTE HCA Florida Westside Hospital Plantation, FL
Facility Description: We're always on the move. You will find it is an exciting time at HCA Florida Westside Hospital, a 250-bed medical center and healthcare complex. Westside offers the community the latest in minimally invasive spine and colorectal surgery and is one of only nine Joint Commission certified centers in the United States for minimally invasive colorectal surgery. Not only are we certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by the Agency for Health Care Administration (ACHA), but also certified as a Thrombectomy Capable Center by the Joint Commission. We are teaching and research facility, offering Graduate Medical Education (GME) programs in podiatry, surgery and internal medicine. Since our founding in 1974 we have been committed to expanding and improving every facet of the organization, devoting significant time and resources to enhancing the facility, staff and medical care. At Westside, we care like family! We invite you to explore opportunities with a family-oriented team of more than 1,200 professionals, along with almost 750 physicians that thrive in a fast-paced but friendly work environment. At HCA Florida Westside Hospital, our medical services combined with compassionate care, illustrate why we are one of the leading healthcare facilities in South Florida. * * Benefits: We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
- * Description: Join our 2022 HCA Nurse Residency Program!
- * Program Details:
The HCA Nurse Residency Program will provide education, support and guidance to new graduate nurses as they begin their careers in HCA Healthcare hospitals. It is a yearlong, extensive clinical orientation (StaRN) and professional development curriculum for new graduate nurses that culminates in an evidence-based poster presentation.
StaRN (11-16 weeks):
_S_pecialty _T_raining _A_pprenticeship for _R_egistered _N_urses
The StaRN Program is primarily designed to provide the graduate nurse with the tools necessary to succeed in today’s hospital environment. StaRN will assist the graduate nurse with the transition out of the classroom setting onto the unit by providing the following training:
- Didactic training: /introduces nurses to core curriculum and hospital initiatives in a classroom setting/
- Simulation training: /reinforces nursing skills learned in a didactic setting/
- Hands on training: /6-8 weeks with a facility preceptor in a nursing unit/
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) Certification
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) Dysrhythmia Interpretation
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification
The schedule during the first portion of the StaRN is Monday through Friday, 8-hours a day, 40 hours a week. The preceptorship portion of the program consists of three 12-hour shifts at the hospital. Attendance is mandatory for the entire program.
Professional Development Program (remaining 9 months): * Paired with a trained mentor for integration and socialization into the culture of professional nursing * Monthly resident seminars following a core curriculum for professional development * Completion of an evidence-based poster presentation /Program acceptance requires a minimum two (2) year, full time commitment to the hospital and unit./
Units that may hire StaRN residents include, but are not limited to: * Medical/Surgical * Telemetry * Orthopedics * Oncology * Progressive Care / Stepdown * ICU * Emergency Full-time* - *Day shift & Night shift (rotating weekends)
To learn more about HCA’s StaRN training and Nurse Residency program, click here to check out our video: *HCA East Florida StaRN program*
- Recent (under 1 year) graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
- FL RN Licensure, or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Strong communication skills required
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: New Graduate (RN) StaRN Residency Program
Location: Florida-Plantation-HCA Florida Westside Hospital
Requisition ID: 01345-StaRNWH2022