Cargill Sr. Technical Services Specialist, Food Ingredients (Remote work option) in Plymouth, Minnesota
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Sr. Technical Services Specialist, Food Ingredients will work with the Food Ingredient Sales North America (FISNA) sales team to identify and deliver Food Ingredient Bio Industrial (FIBI) ingredient sales to segmented customers. You will provide technical advice and support to customers during and after product sales. In this position, you'll be the lead contact for customers. You'll stay ahead of technology and business practices through workshops, research and professional meetings.
• Collaborate with Food Ingredient Sales North America (FISNA) to provide technical and on-
site support for current customers and prospects.
• Provide customer solutions and technical support materials to specific customers.
• Perform complex research for product development to understand product properties and
• Compile and analyze data for project updates, working to test new products and technologies
to make recommendations on applications.
• Organize project data and conclusions for internal and customer presentations, assist with
product demonstrations, and serve as subject matter guide during meetings with prospective
• Stay ahead of product insight and research to improve the value of offerings.
• Keep application and value collection up-to-date in the systems.
• Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most
complex issues to appropriate staff.
• Other duties as assigned
This position is open to working from a remote home-office location
• Bachelor’s degree in a Food Science, Chemistry, Biology or similar field
• Minimum of four years of related work experience
• Ability to travel up to 50%
• Master's degree in related field
• Experience with Sweetness systems or Texturizers, Fats and oils, or Cocoa and Chocolate
• Ability to effectively represent technical expertise to customers and make effective presentations.
• Experience for understanding, creating and communicating value and solutions to team members
• Public speaking experience
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Cargill Jobs