J&J Family of Companies Sr. Manager, Ethicon WCH Business Excellence Leader in Puerto Rico
Ethicon, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Sr. Manager, Ethicon WCH Business Excellence Leader who will be located in any Ethicon Wound Closure Network location in the US or preferably El Paso, Texas or Juarez, Mexico.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, topical skin adhesives, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars, energy devices and synthetic mesh devices-used in a wide variety of open and minimally invasive surgical procedures. Specialties include orthopedics, support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of surgery.
• The position is responsible for the Business Excellence teams of the Wound Closure sites in the Americas and Europe. In addition, provides direction to the Asia Pacific Business Excellence or Process Excellence leaders.
• The position reports to the Ethicon Business Excellence Director.
• The position is a member of the Wound Closure and Repair (WCR) E2E Leadership Team.
• Host, lead and/or support the Strategic Business Cycle and Performance Review Activities.
• Works with other departments such as operations, finance, engineering and quality to ensure alignment, planning and realization of continuous improvement activities.
• Responsible for leading, developing and implementing process improvements and key business improvement initiatives for ETHICON Wound Closure and Repair Business.
• He/she will be accountable for implementing key business improvement initiatives around Quality, Product Supply and Cost using Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and Manufacturing Maintenance Excellence principles/tools.
• He/she will also be responsible for leading the productivity program for the cluster, including facilitating New Idea meetings, site process and continuous improvement initiatives/projects. It also includes managing resource requirements, timeline and change management tools.
• Work with plant leaders and functional leaders in identifying business opportunities to improve process quality, delivery and cost performance.
• Facilitate the proper allocation of resources with the right priorities and methodologies (DMAIIC, DMADV) to meet the Cluster’s objectives for each planning cycle.
• Present cost improvement analysis monthly and review with manufacturing leadership staff.
• Complete financial, quality compliance, technical and regulatory assessments for improvement projects with significant impact on strategic quality, delivery and cost improvement goals.
• Lead projects that optimize value for multiple plants and end-to-end value streams.
• Sustain a LEAN and Six Sigma talent development program.
• Facilitate review of project strategic objectives, assumptions, and validation approach.
• Facilitate project portfolio reviews with the manufacturing leadership staff and provides clear line of sight to actual vs. target performance for relevant metrics.
• Drive continuous improvement and transformational results through end-to-end value streams.
• Enable the global Manufacturing organization to develop and implement best practices to reduce process variation and the local organizations to execute specific quality, delivery and cost improvement projects.
• Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level.
• Responsible for ensuring that subordinates follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition, if applicable
• Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
• Performs other duties assigned as needed
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required. Advanced degree (MA, MS, MBA) preferred.
• A minimum of 8 years of experience working in or with a manufacturing environment is required.
• Experience working in a highly regulated environment (i.e. FDA, ISO, etc.) is required.
• Prior experience leading a team resources (i.e. engineers, technicians) is required.
• Knowledge of Process Excellence/Six Sigma/Lean tools and methodologies is required. Process Excellence/Six Sigma Black Belt Certification or Master Black Belt Certification are preferred.
• Strong project management skill is required.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Must have strong decision making, problem solving skills, interpersonal and influencing skills.
• The ability to collaborate with all levels of management in a matrix environment is required.
Location & travel requirements
• Primary location: Any Ethicon Wound Closure Network location in the US preferably El Paso, Texas or Juarez, Mexico
• This position will require up to 30% domestic and international travel, based on business needs.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Texas-El Paso-425B Pan American Drive
Mexico, United States, United States-Puerto Rico
Ethicon Inc. (6045)
J&J Family of Companies
- J&J Family of Companies Jobs