MasterCard Director, Sales Excellence in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Sales Excellence
This position will report into the Global Senior Vice President Sales Excellence. In this role, the individual will be responsible for identifying, proposing, designing, developing, implementing and running solutions to strengthen, optimize, and bring efficiencies to our sales force and to help drive business results. This role will have direct accountability for driving our current solutions and developing new solutions that enable our sales professionals to improve their efficiency and effectiveness, and provide dedicated support to specific sales teams in North America region.
• Responsible for driving current Sales Excellence solutions (enhance customer engagement, enable sales leadership and improve sales knowledge) across the world enabling the sales teams to make their long term revenue targets across all sales verticals.
• Be the global contact for the managed solutions under her/his responsibility
• Responsible for generation of new ideas across all the Sales Excellence areas, and particularly with impact on the business, working on identify, propose, prioritize, build business plan and P&L, design, develop, implement, communicate and training.
• Be focused on the user experience, having the user (sales person) as the priority and center, and working towards the satisfaction of the user needs.
• Lead/own the project of the solution to create and/or improve to be implemented, working with the different global areas and regions to have a comprehensive and robust approach, paying attention to the details, developing, understanding, managing the dashboard & economics metrics of the solution.
• Lead/own the execution (tracking, monitoring and improvement) of current solutions under her/his responsibility.
• Provide the support to the North America regional lead, focusing on sales processes, disciplines, tools and technologies to improve the team’s efficiency, effectiveness and bring the business results.
• Lead/own relationships with cross functional business leads including Regions, Product & Services, Marketing, Learning and Development, HR, Communications, O&T and others.
All About You
• Sales experience including leading transformational efforts that improved sales experience
• Strong project management skills and experience.
• Analytical skill, managing the financials of the new and existing solutions.
• Experience and skills for creation and innovation of solutions
• Demonstrate ability to partner credibly with multi-areas, i.e. sales, product development, product marketing, business development, financials, and emerging technologies.
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills, the ability to think from the perspective of the sales professional
• Possess excellent internal relationship management skills
• Knowledge of payments business
• Regional and market sensitivity and understanding
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-150484