MasterCard Manager, Corporate Development Operations in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Corporate Development Operations
Manager, Corporate Development Operations
The Manager, Corporate Development Operations will report to the SVP, Corporate Development and is an integral member of the Corporate Development team, which drives all phases of sourcing, executing, and overseeing strategic acquisitions and investments at Mastercard.
The qualified candidate will be a member of a high-impact team responsible for accelerating and transforming Mastercard’s business. This is a highly visible position and be responsible for supporting individuals responsible for identifying, evaluating, and executing new transactions.
Support Corporate Development Governance:
Deal Pipeline Management:
• Serve as the governance manager for Corp Dev pipeline, tools, and technology.
• Leverage Salesforce.com and other tools (share drives, excel) to provide periodic and custom reporting / analytics on the M&A pipeline (e.g., create weekly / monthly / quarterly pipeline reports, responsible to modify them as needed).
• Salesforce Taxonomy discussion, working with Salesforce team on executing the updates
• Lead development of weekly emails and quarterly presentations for Mastercard executives on M&A
• Weekly executive email draft covering deal pipeline and external news scaping
Target Investment Profiles Process:
• Advance the strategy-led corporate development approach. Collaborate with MA product / market leads, and senior Corp Dev team members systematically explore areas with investment or acquisition needs.
• Deep dive to understand and develop specific capabilities needed, undertake desktop research, and select internal / external expert engagement to identify companies with these capabilities and define criteria to prioritize companies. These culminate in the development of TIPS (Target Investment Profiles).
• Track progress of TIPs in execution from other Corporate Development team members to ensure TIPs are completed in a timely manner with the business teams
• Become an expert in the development of TIPS and coach product and market groups on the TIP framework.
• Ability to articulate ideas clearly, concisely to senior Mastercard executives
Minority Investment Portfolio Management:
• Track financial performance of minority investments on a quarterly basis to inform finance leadership of status of their respective investments and flag whether there are any potential accounting implications
• Selectively manage investments in companies, venture / PE funds and accelerators by Mastercard.
• Support business partners in driving active engagement and value realization with investees
• Lead or support select cross-functional projects in the Corporate Development/M&A Execution groups on developing analytic frameworks for opportunity / company selection
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-132212