HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Respiratory Therapist PRN in Reston, Virginia
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as aRespiratory Therapist *today at *Reston Hospital Center.**
At Reston, we want to ensure we meet your needs. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
· Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs and Student Loan Forgiveness
· Paid Personal Leave
· 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
· Identity Theft Protection discounts
· Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
· Adoption Assistance
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Reston Hospital family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious*Registered Respiratory Therapist *to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
*What would you do in this role? *
As aRespiratory Therapist, you would administer therapy modalities as ordered by physician, performing all aspects of mechanical ventilators (initiation, operation, monitoring, etc) and arterial puncture and blood gas analysis. You would also respond to code blue situations for assigned areas.
- You will assist in transport of ventilator and critically ill patients.
- Verify physician orders prior to therapy treatment.
- Give through, accurate report to oncoming staff at shift end.
- You will enter all patient contacts into appropriate system.
- Perform equipment rounds.
- State of Virginia Respiratory Care Practitioner License.
- Respiratory Therapy Degree – AAS or BS
- Basic Life Support Certification and ALCS.
- One-year adult critical care experience.
- Previous experience with mechanical ventilation, blood gas analysis and oximetry.
Reston Hospital Center is a 231-bed Trauma II hospital offering a full range of medical services, including 24-hour emergency care, specializing in maternal/child health, surgical services, urological services, cancer care with state-of-the-art radiation therapy, rehabilitation therapy programs and a wide array of diagnostic imaging capabilities. We are certified Stroke Center, certified Total Joint Center and the only accredited Chest Pain Center in Northern Virginia, as well as the only Hospital in Northern Virginia to receive Joint Commission designation as a Top Performer on Key Quality measures for three consecutive years.
Ethisphere has rated HCA Healthcare a World’s Most Ethical Company since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.__
*We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. We will reach out to highly qualified candidates to schedule an interview. Please submit your resume today to join our community of caring! *
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Registered Respiratory Therapist PRN
Location: Virginia-Reston-Reston Hospital Center - Reston
Requisition ID: 08540-22886