HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Mental Health Technician Mood Disorder Unit in Richmond, Virginia
Tucker Pavilion, at HCA Virginia’s Chippenham Hospital, has been committed to the Behavioral Health needs of our community for over 100 years. We offer a full range of inpatient, outpatient and emergency services for children, adolescents, adults and geriatric patients in our newly renovated units.
Tucker Pavilion– The Leader in Behavioral Health:
* Offering of care continuum – crisis team on site, inpatient/acute care for all ages, partial hospitalization for adolescents/adults
* Use of audiovisual technology to offer Behavioral Health Needs assessments to HCA Virginia’s Emergency Departments
* Partnership with the community in offering a Crisis Triage Center
* Injection of clinical pathways in programming
* Diverse array of therapeutic offerings – yoga, 12 step support, NAMI peer support, spiritual, pet therapy, gym on site, and more
* Quality focus with outcome measurements injected into clinical programming
* Four Child Psychiatrists
* Host site for Behavioral Health clinical nursing rotations
Seeking an experienced Mental Health Technician to join our dynamic team of healthcare professionals. In this role, you will work under the supervision of the Registered Nurse and assist the nursing staff in providing patient care within the Behavioral Health Department. We are looking for an enthusiastic team member to assist RNs with admission and shift RN assessments by collecting and documenting patient behavioral and clinical data and observations. If this sounds like you, come be a part of what makes us great and apply today!
* Your primary function will be to provide behavioral health care interventions utilizing the least restrictive interventions that are consistent with a culture of recovery and Trauma Informed Care.
* You will perform vital signs, assist patients with activities of daily living and assists with treatments or procedures within documented level of competency.
* You will provide for the safety of patients, visitors and staff by completing routine and special safety checks. * You must also actively participate in quality management activities by timely reporting of staff, family, visitor, or quality concerns. * You will facilitate or assist with patient community, education, or activity groups and document patient participation.
Benefits we offer: * Medical Insurance * Dental Insurance * Flexible Spending Accounts * Disability Insurance * Life Insurance * 401K Options * Paid Time Off * Employee Discount Program * Employee Stock Purchase Program * Tuition Reimbursement * Student Loan Assistance
Requirements * American Heart Association or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider required. * Nonviolent Crisis Intervention must be obtained within 60 days of hire or start in position. * Certified Nursing Assistant preferred. * Bachelor’s degree or college courses in health care, mental health, or related subjects preferred. HOURS: * Full Time, day shift * Weekend & Holiday Rotations /We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Job: *Behavioral & Social Work
Title: Mental Health Technician Mood Disorder Unit
Location: Virginia-Richmond-CJW Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00035-57066