HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Care Tech PCU PRN in Richmond, Virginia
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA)is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility-based staff continue to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data
Chippenham Hospital, a 466-bed provisionalLevel I Trauma Center, is located on the Southside of Richmond, a short drive from the beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance of shops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater. Chippenham Hospital is anHCAfacility, who ranks 63rdon Fortune’s 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Chippenham Hospital Awards and Distinctions
* Accredited by the Joint Commission with a Gold Seal of Approval
o Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care.
o Disease-Specific Certifications for Acute Myocardial Infarction & Hip and Knee Replacement.
* Certified Chest Pain Center
* Considered the region's first choice for orthopedics, joint care, behavioral health and cardiovascular care.
Our Cardiac Telemetry Unit
* 25 bed unit * Cardiac focused patients * Patient population primarily consists of patients who have been transferred from the ED, CCU, Cath Lab and Angio. Seeking an enthusiastic Patient Care Tech to join our dynamic team of healthcare professionals! Our Patient Care Technicians (PCT) work under the supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN), and assist the nursing staff in providing patient care. You will deliver high quality, patient-centered care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living. If this sounds like you, come be a part of what makes us great and apply today! * You willwork closely with the clinical team to create and implement a care planby performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of the licensed nurse. * Obtain and record initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care. * Document observations, interactions, patient responses to performed activities, and any physical or behavioral changes at time of occurrence. * You will assist with patient mobility by regularly turning, positioning, and ambulating as well as transferring patients to and from other units/departments. * Clerical duties include assembling and maintaining charts, filing, answering and transferring phones, and relaying messages.
REQUIREMENTS * CNA course preferred. * Previous healthcare experience is preferred. * American Heart Association or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider required.
- Weekend & Holiday Rotations /We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Patient Care Tech PCU PRN
Location: Virginia-Richmond-CJW Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00035-56972