HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Care Technician General Surgery in Richmond, Virginia
Do you have the career opportunities as aPatient Care Technicianyou want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Henrico Doctors Hospital, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services,HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Henrico Doctors Hospital, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our uniquebenefitswe offer include:
o Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
o Student Loan Repayment
o Paid Personal Leave
o 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
o Identity Theft Protection discounts
o Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
o Adoption Assistance
o Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as aPatient Care Technicianwhere your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Our Patient Care Technicians (PCT) work under the supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN), and assist the nursing staff in providing patient care. You will deliver high quality, patient-centered care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living.
You willwork closely with the clinical team to create and implement a care planby performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of the licensed nurse.
Obtain and record initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care.
Document observations, interactions, patient responses to performed activities, and any physical or behavioral changes at time of occurrence.
You will assist with patient mobility by regularly turning, positioning, and ambulating as well as transferring patients to and from other units/departments.
Clerical duties include assembling and maintaining charts, filing, answering and transferring phones, and relaying messages.
_The General Surgery Unit:_
• The General Surgery Unit provides care to adults who are hospitalized with a wide variety of conditions, including surgeries ranging from gall bladder, hip, knee, neck, shoulder, kidney transplants and trauma.
• This unit encourages new graduates and nursing years of experience ranges from 1-20 years.
• The unit has the ability to care for26 patients.
• Our nurses take pride in the fact that we provide care with respect for human dignity. We believe that each patient has the right to receive quality care based on individual needs and age requirements. Patients and their families are involved in establishing priorities for care that best meet the patients’ needs.
• Professionalism, compassionate care, and a commitment to continuous improvement are key qualities of our nursing staff.
• Staff members regularly participate in educational activities to maintain competence, gain new knowledge and develop advanced skills.
• This unit functions as a remote telemetry unit where cardiac rhythms are monitored.
Henrico Doctors’ Hospitalis a 340-bed community hospital offering a full range of healthcare services. We specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
CNA certification in the Commonwealth of Virginia through the Board of Health Professions is preferred.
Previous healthcare experience in an acute care setting is also preferred.
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
/We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Patient Care Technician General Surgery
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Henrico Doctors Hospital
Requisition ID: 00448-56435