HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse RN Enterostomal Therapy PRN in Richmond, Virginia
Are you aRegistered Nurse (RN)dedicated to providing excellent nursing care to our patients who have wounds that don't heal with standard care? Are you a strong collaborator and do you thrive in an environment of supportive learning? Apply now to join theWound Healing Center atChippenham Hospital.
See why our employeeslove working at Chippenham Hospital!
As one of the largest facilities in the nation’s largest hospital system (HCA),Chippenham Hospitalprovides the full scope of healthcare services. With466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also aLevel I Trauma Centerand we offer Central Virginia’s only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
* 63rd on Fortune’s 100 List
* One of thelargest healthcare systemsin the U.S.
* Ranked by Fortune as aMost Admired Companyfor 3 consecutive years
* NamedA World’s Most Ethical Companyfor 10 consecutive years by Ethisphere
Wound Healing Center:
* The WHC at Chippenham Hospital includes two departments, Outpatient and Inpatient.
* Outpatient is comprised of outpatient visits with oversight from physicians.
* Within Inpatient we do consults generated by physicians and/or nurses, and we see patients with wounds, ostomy and incontinence.
* We have two hyperbaric chambers.
As a Registered Nursein theWound Healing Centeryou will work closely with a team of highly tenured clinical professionals, with more relevant experience (if totaled) than any other Wound Healing Center in the region. Below are some of your responsibilities: 1. Creates climate for patient/family/significant other teaching to enhance continuum of care. 2. Provides on-going education to staff. Identifies strengths and areas for growth. 3. Functions as resource in the multi-disciplinary team approach to providing acute and rehabilitative care for persons with select disorders of the gastrointestinal, genitourinary and integumentary systems. 4. Functions as liaison between patient and physician by reinforcing and interpreting principles of ostomy and wound care. 5. Monitors and promotes quality of health practices and complies with professional, regulatory and department standards. 6. Facilitates outpatient and inpatient care in relationship to wound healing by communicating with physicians, staff nurses, physical therapy, diabetes care, nutritional support and other ancillary departments as needed. 7. Documents care, education, physician orders and communications per hospital and Wound Healing Center policies and procedures. 8. Conducts a thorough patient history and medication review. We invite you to learn more about thisfantastic opportunity, who we are, and how you can join our dynamic team.
Check us out and_Like Us on Facebook!_
Required: Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing (Technical Diploma or Associates Degree). Preferred: Bachelor Degree in Nursing (BSN). * * Licensure/Certifications: * * Required: Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse. Required: BLS for Healthcare Providers from American Heart Association. * * Experience: * * Required: Minimum of 1 year of acute care nursing experience. Preferred: 1 or more years of nursing experience in wound healing.
We offer agenerous compensation packageand awide range of benefitsincluding:
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance * 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (PRNs eligible for these) * Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources * Flexible Spending Accounts * Education Assistance (up to $5,200 per year in Tuition Reimbursement) * Student Loan Assistance Program (up to $100 per month) * Exciting Voluntary Benefit Options. *Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you!
/"We are anequal opportunity employerand wevalue diversityat our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status." /
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse RN Enterostomal Therapy PRN
Location: Virginia-Richmond-CJW Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00035-62041