HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse RN Trauma Stepdown in Richmond, Virginia
Are you aRegistered Nurse (RN)with a passion for providing excellent nursing care to achieve the best outcomes for your critical care patients? Then apply now to join theMedical Surgical Trauma Intensive Care Unit (MSTICU) at Chippenham Hospital, aProvisional Level I Trauma Center.
See why our employeeslove working at Chippenham Hospital
As one of the largest facilities in the nation’s largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also aLevel I Trauma Centerand we offer Central Virginia’s only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
The Joint Commission awarded Chippenham Hospital the Gold Seal of Approval and named us a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care. As aLevel I Trauma Center, we provide fast, skilled care in life’s most difficult moments.
HCA: * 63rd on Fortune’s 100 List * One of thelargest healthcare systemsin the U.S. * Ranked by Fortune as aMost Admired Companyfor 3 consecutive years * NamedA World’s Most Ethical Companyfor 10 consecutive years by Ethisphere
Trauma Step Down Unit:
- Chippenham Hospital's Newest Unit!
- 12 bed Medical Surgical Trauma Step Down
- "Hospital of the Future" with state of the art electronic my care boards
- Surgical Patients (spine, hip, stomach)
- Medical Patients (DKA insulin drips, asthma, sepsis, respiratory failure, heart failure)
- Trauma Patients (MVC, falls, rib fractures, penetrating traumas - ex. gunshot wounds/stabbings, neuro trauma o + Provisional Level I Trauma Certification, ACS certified center
- Unit Based Shared Governance and Social Committee shared MSTICU
- Flexible Scheduling with Self-Schedule Model
- Progressive Leadership Model
- Substantial Career Growth Opportunities
- TCAR Trauma Care After Resuscitation, Surgical Critical Care Conference, Nursing Grand Rounds, Trauma Grand Rounds What Sets Us Apart:"We see people at the sickest, most scariest time of their lives. Through hard work of our 24 intensivist, critical care nurses, techs, respiratory therapists, physical therapists, occupational therapist, speech therapist, and case management, we make a difference in people lives. Seeing an 18 year old with 8 gunshot wounds, a 5 month ICU stay, and lengthy rehab, walk back into the unit to thank the staff that “saved his life” is why we do what we do!"
We invite you to learn more about thisfantastic opportunity, who we are, and how you can join our dynamic team.
Check Us Out andLike Us on Facebook!
* Diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing from a school of professional nursing (required)
* BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
Licensure/Certification: * Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required) * American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required) * ACLS certification (preferred)
Experience: * 1 year of nursing experience, ideally in an acute care environment (preferred)
- Full Time
- 12 hour shifts (rotating) Days 7am to 7pm, Nights 7pm to 7am
- 72 hours every pay period (every two weeks)
- Weekend & Holiday Rotations
*Why join HCA – CJW Medical Center? *
- o Matching 401K o Low Deductibles for Health, Vision, and Dental o Team Culture o Passion for patient care o Career Advancement through Clinical Ladder o Relocation Assistance o Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
“We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.”
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse RN Trauma Stepdown
Location: Virginia-Richmond-CJW Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00035-55990