CARMAX Senior Art Director, Social Media in Richmond, Virginia
8116 - Midtown Office - 2220 W. Broad Street, Richmond, Virginia, 23220
CarMax, the way your career should be!
- About CarMax CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconiccustomer experiences. Along theway, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:CarMax is committed to bringing together people from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe, welcoming, and inclusive work environment.CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristics protected by law.Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Are you a highly creative and motivated self-starter with a passion for social media content creation, experience in the automotive space, and proven success in creating relevant, timely, and engaging content? This position is ideal for the creative who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, thinks on their feet, and brings a combination of strong strategic, visual, and messaging skills to the table. The Senior Art Director/Social reports directly to an ACD on the Digital Media team. This role will be in Richmond, VA under a hybrid working model.
· Own the CarMax social channel creative in partnership with the social strategy team
· Collaborate with internal and external partners to explore social campaign opportunities and extensions and serve as point person for influencer and agency-driven campaigns
· Create original high-quality content (photo, video, graphic, messaging) for all social media platforms to engage CarMax audiences, build brand awareness, and convert / retain followers
· Conceptualize and execute impactful content that supports social and digital strategies and aligns with CarMax social brand standards and messaging
· Capture content and optimize for social platforms
· Work with internal partners to develop a monthly social content calendar for CarMax social channels
· Stay on top of trends unique to each platform and identify topics that our target audience engages with
· Monitor ongoing social and cultural conversations to identify and implement “real time” opportunities
· Help increase engagement with followers, grow the number of followers on platforms
· Work autonomously within the fast-paced environment of the digital media team
· Bachelor’s degree preferred or relevant experience
· 2-4 years of hands-on digital content creation for social media platforms including TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
· Fluent in social media landscape and trends and be able to quickly pivot and evolve with the digital landscape
· Experience in videography, editing, photography, motion design, and graphic design
· High degree of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and social media platforms (channels, publishing, content creation apps and social listening)
· A strong verbal and written communicator
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.