Lockheed Martin Wireless Communication Systems Engineer in Rockville, Maryland
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Our team is looking for an experienced Wireless Systems engineer with knowledge of mobile communications systems and experience and layer 1 and layer 2 protocols.
In this role you will be responsible for requirements capture, high level design and interface definition. This involves working with technical leadership, vendors/subcontractors as well as interfacing with the customer on requirements, design reviews, Q&A, and systems engineering status on all aspects of the and layer 2/3 development.
This position requires a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Not needed prior to starting.
• Wireless communications engineer or systems engineer with wireless communications expertise
• Experience with 4G LTE and 5G L2/L3 and MAC/RLC/PDCP/RRC layer specifications, such as 36.300 series
• Experience with 5G NR L2/L3 specifications, such as 38.300 series
• Documentation and technical writing skills to maintain configurations and network diagrams
• Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to multi-task and manage priorities
• Satellite communications (SATCOM) experience and knowledge about SATCOM protocol standards (e.g. DVB-S/S2/S2x/RCS/RCS2, Geo Mobile Radio, etc.)
• Experience managing subcontractor relationships
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs