Northrop Grumman GBSD - Director of Logistics 1 in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOU...keep reading!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a highly qualified, mission oriented individual to lead a team of cross-discipline specialist engineers and logisticians located in Ogden, Utah.
The ideal Candidate will have management responsibilities for the development and deployment of the GBSD support system in more than one logistic discipline. They are part of the GBSD Leadership Team and reports directly to GBSD Vice President and Deputy Program Manager.
Manages all GBSD Logistics functions within the larger organizational unit, setting & operating to objectives & providing guidance to subordinates based on goals, objectives & company policy.
Baseline planning, risk management, and project performance addressing cost, schedule, and technical quality for related Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) elements on a large system development-type contract, and full responsibility for all aspects of GBSD Logistic program performance. Logistics functions include, but are not limited to:
• Supply Support / Provisioning
• Maintenance Planning & Management /Interim Contractor Support
• Packaging, Handling, Storage & Transportation Planning
• Technical Data Development
• Support Equipment Development
• Manpower & Personnel Planning
• Facilities & Infrastructure Planning
• Computer Resources Planning
Candidate must possess extensive experience in all elements logistics and program management processes. Experience in business management, program management, Earned Value Management and Risk Management, proposal development and familiar with business area planning cycles necessary. Candidate must be familiar with oversight and management of multi-functional teams. Outstanding written and oral communication skills and a demonstrated ability to positively influence customer satisfaction.
• GBSD Program focal point for all things Logistics Support with a wide span of control; leads a multiple manager and several hundred member internal team, a large supplier base, and engages at all levels with multiple discipline customer stakeholders
• Establishes operating procedures that affect organizational unit(s). Interprets, executes, and recommends modifications to organizational policies.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This leadership opportunity will have the option of a 9/80 work schedule. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
• Bachelor's degree (or higher)
• 15 years of experience in logistics engineering, product development and planning
• 10 years of experience in management roles, leading a team to successfully deliver on commitments
• 1 year of experience working with the US Department of Defense (DoD)
• 1 year of experience and responsibility for Earned Value Management and Risk Management
• Active DoD Secret Clearance
• Strong leadership track record managing multiple discipline teams.
• Engineering or other STEM related degree.
• Experience in the development of Air Force related equipment and products. ICBM related experience a plus.
• Experience with Product Data Manager (PDM) software.
• Experience with the Microsoft Office tool suite.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Global Supply Chain
- Northrop Grumman Jobs