Northrop Grumman GBSD Senior Principal Engineer Mission Assurance in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer - Mission Assurance. This position will be located in Roy, Utah. The selected candidate will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What You'll Get To Do:
Defines and monitors mission assurance program specifications and processes to ensure mission success of programs. Performs or assures quality, risk management, safety, reliability and maintainability of program achievements, subcontractors, and suppliers in accordance with contractual requirements. Assesses program performance and risks, and determines resources to ensure mission assurance.
Engineer, Quality Assurance - The selected candidate will be responsible for the development and implementation, as well as management, of the GBSD Enterprise and Program Quality Assurance Plan policies, procedures, & tools required to support Program pre-award & Day1 Tasks as well as Enterprise infrastructure needs.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Development and implement and manage the GBSD Enterprise and Program Quality Assurance Plan, policies, procedures, & tools required to support Program pre-award & Day1 Tasks as well as Enterprise infrastructure needs
• Creating process health, progress and stability metrics
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Bachelor's in Science degree and 9 years of Quality Assurance experience; OR a Master's in Science degree and 7 years of experience; OR PhD Degree 4 years of experience; OR 4 years of additional experience in lieu of a degree
Active Secret Clearance with ability to obtain a Top Secret (TS) security clearance
Experience in developing and implementing Quality Assurance plans
Experience in Metric development for process health and performance monitoring
Demonstrated ability prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines
Excellent liaison between local personnel, suppliers, and customer workforce
Experience in evaluation, trace, and analysis of requirements
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Preferred Qualifications for a Senior Principle Quality Assurance Engineer (T04) are a Bachelor Degree a STEM discipline and 9 years of Quality Assurance experience OR a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline and 7 years of experience OR PhD Degree in a STEM discipline and 4 years of experience
• Experience in Missile Systems/Sub-Systems design & construction
• Experience in process monitoring, data collection, analysis, and metric reporting for a large program/supplier-base.
• A current/Active Top Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering
- Northrop Grumman Jobs