Northrop Grumman GBSD Sr. Principal Mechanical Engineer in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Senior Principal Mechanical Engineer to join the Command and Launch Team to perform mechanical design integration. This position will be located in Roy, UT and support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What You'll Get To Do:
The successful candidate will support the mechanical integration of the Command and Launch element designs into top level weapon system CAD model assemblies. The position will report to the Command and Launch Design Integration manager. This position includes the following duties, responsibilities, and qualifications:
• Design components/systems, and perform preliminary/sizing analysis for both stress and dynamic analysis of aerospace structures.
• Managing top level CAD model assemblies of the weapon system
• Perform integration of several IPT owned CAD model assemblies into top level weapon system assemblies
• Assist with mitigation of interface conflicts between lower level CAD model assemblies
• Monitor and enforce program's Engineering Drawing and Modeling Manual (EDMM) across the higher level assemblies
• Prepare and release Product Definition Packages (PDP) of top assembly weapon system CAD models through Siemens TeamCenter (CPLM).
• Create and release 3D model based assembly drawing via NX PMI for internal and external Integration, Assembly, and Test technicians.
• Prepare and present reports, briefings, design documents (drawings and specifications) to senior management customers.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
• Bachelors of Science Degree in STEM for an accredited university with 9 years of experience; 7 years with MS; 4 years with PhD
• Proficiency with NX Solid Modelling with minimum 1 year of hands on experience.
• Active DoD Secret clearance awarded or updated within last 6 years
• Proficiency in the use of TeamCenter.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to collaborate in a team environment.
• Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish project results.
• Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and/or accomplish them simultaneously.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering
- Northrop Grumman Jobs