Marriott Rooms Operations Manager in Sacramento, California
Job Number 21102479
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, 1230 J Street, Sacramento, California, United States
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
When you join the Sheraton family, you become a member of its global community. We’ve been a place to gather and connect since 1937. At Sheraton, associates create a sense of belonging in more than 400 communities around the world. We welcome guests through engaging experiences and thoughtful service. If you’re a team player who is excited to deliver a meaningful guest experiences, we encourage you to explore your next career opportunity with Sheraton.
Supports the successful execution of all operations in the hotel operations departments (including Front Office, Engineering/Maintenance and Housekeeping) and managing staff. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Ensures that standards and procedures are being followed.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Rooms Operations Team
• Ensures that goals are being translated to the team as they relate to guest tracking and productivity.
• Understands employee and guest satisfaction results and communicates game plans to address need areas and expand on the strengths.
• Assists in ensuring that the team has the capabilities to meet expectations.
• Assists employees in understanding guests' ever-changing needs and expectations, and exceeding them.
Supporting Property Rooms Operations Function(s)
• Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
• Publishes all guest satisfaction results in a timely fashion including all guest satisfaction forms, comment cards and guest letters.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with employee concerns.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times.
• Communicates/updates all goals and results with employees.
• Assists/teaches the team scheduling against guest and hours/occupied room goals.
• Performs hourly job functions as needed.
Managing and Monitoring Activities that Affect the Guest Experience
• Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable for all guests.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
• Responds timely to customer service department request.
• Ensures all team members meet or exceed all hospitality requirements.
Assisting in Managing Profitability
• Assists in performing required annual Quality audit with GM & RD.
• Ensures a viable key control program is in place.
• Understands financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Marriott Jobs