HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Experience Concierge in Salem VA, Virginia
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with HCA Healthcare today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We are committed to providing our colleagues with the support they need. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student loan repayment
- 100% matching 401k based on years of service
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
As a Patient Experience Concierge, you will be responsible for greeting and navigating patients/guests in registration areas to ensure an overall positive customer experience.
In this role you will:
- Assist incoming patients, his/her relatives, or other responsible individuals in any check-in functions where they have questions regarding entering demographical information or insurance/financial information.
- Secure all signatures necessary for treatments, release of medical information, assignment of insurance benefits, and payment of services from legally responsible parties.
- Explain policies regarding services, charges, insurance billing, and payment of account. Request full or partial payment for services rendered according to collection policies.
- Perform lobby rounding to ensure patients are kept aware of their wait time expectations and that the waiting room area is clean, safe and comfortable for patients, family and visitors.
- Consistently provide patient flow updates to PTAC leadership.
- Contact the nursing staff for emergency medical needs and answer patient and visitor questions.
- Coach other employees with customer service opportunities and escalate any concerns to Manager.
Promotes and demonstrates excellent customer service.
High School Diploma/GED preferred, Hospitality Degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the areas of: Hotel Front Desk/Reservations, Restaurant, or Retail required.
- Previous Patient Registration/Admissions experience ishighlypreferred.
- Highly skilled in utilizing an iPad and/or tablet.
- Must be able to stand on your feet for the majority of your shift.
Parallon is an industry leader in revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare has been consistently named a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have the best experience even after they leave our facilities.
HCA Healthcare is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Title: Patient Experience Concierge
Location: Virginia-Salem VA-Lewis-Gale Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08648-198375