Marriott Senior Marketing Manager in Salt Lake City, Utah
Job Number 23202372
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location The Westin Los Angeles Airport, 5400 West Century Boulevard, Los Angeles, California, United States
Located Remotely? Y
Position Type Management
Serves as the discipline leader for marketing and partners closely with other topline disciplines (Sales and Revenue Management) to develop overarching cross-cutting strategies. Responsible for creating a comprehensive marketing strategy that aligns with the hotel(s) goals and positioning. Develops and oversees implementation of marketing strategies designed to drive topline revenue and achieve RevPar/share-of-wallet goals. Manages all internal and external communication and owns digital presence, including by not limited to property website, third party channels and social media while maintaining brand integrity. Identifies incremental marketing opportunities ranging from partnerships, third-party cites and CVBs. Expertly articulates campaign performance regularly to General Manager(s), Sales and Revenue Management leaders and Hotel Ownership. May oversee Marketing Coordinator for execution of identified tactics.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, or related major; 3 years' experience in Marketing or a comparable professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, or related major; 1 year experience in Marketing or a comparable professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Develops overarching marketing strategy from marketing plans to overall hotel marketing budgets for hotel(s) they support to align with business priorities, in consultation with General Manager(s).
• Actively participates in reoccurring Sales Strategy Meetings to articulate the most up to date marketing strategy and implementation details.
• Reconciles marketing plan monthly with accruals, forecast in conjunction with Director of Finance.
• Leads repositioning efforts in partnership with Area Team, GM and hotel executive team.
• Serves as brand guardian / liaison, verifying all marketing reflects brand voice.
• Leads and/or partners with Hotel Operations to conceptualize/execute property-level Programming and Activation, based on brand guidelines.
• Leads the strategic pull-through of continent and brand promotions and campaigns.
• Partners with Revenue Management to develop and execute promotional strategy efforts.
• Develops and manages property email marketing strategy, digital strategy across M.Com and Third-Party sites, paid media campaigns and performance to verify proper execution.
• Supports group lead generation efforts.
• Runs, reviews, analyzes, and clearly articulate to stakeholder’s and owners the key marketing reports and adjusts strategy accordingly.
• Manages internal and external partners to verify deliverables are executed to support hotel strategy.
• Develops and oversees/executes annual digital marketing plan, and overarching partnership and marketing strategies to maximize hotel revenue production and identify digital marketing opportunities on third party and local partner sites.
• Manages the OTA Strategy in collaboration with Revenue Management through monthly market leader reviews, media investments and hotel positioning alignment.
• Monitors and provides recommendations for SEO and updates as needed in collaboration with Marriott Digital Services (MDS) or agency.
• Identifies digital marketing opportunities on third party and local partner sites.
• Sets overarching messaging strategy for hotel/group of hotels aligned with positioning.
• Manages Marriott.com content (via EPIC, Efast, MDS Client Community, etc.), OTA Content (via respective extranet sites) and Third-Party and Group Sites (via respective content management systems).
• Manages photography distribution including search photos, pre-arrival photos, and photo gallery management
• Creates landing pages and Discovery Pages to enhance content, as applicable.
• Manages guest communications (e.g. confirmation, pre-arrival, etc.).
Partnerships and Public Relations Management
• Sets overarching partnership strategy for hotel/cluster of hotels.
• Identifies and cultivates partnerships internally and externally, including Marriott Digital Services (MDS).
• Manages cluster marketing strategies.
• Maintains frequent, active engagement with Area Directors of Marketing to communicate overall recommendations and actionable next steps based on identified findings, best practices, and overall digital trends for their portfolio of hotels.
• Sets overarching PR strategy for hotel/group of hotels, outlining goals, pitch angles and target segments.
• Manages PR agency, if applicable, or manage PR messaging.
• Manages execution of PR events, promotions.
Outlet and Ancillary
• Identifies outlet marketing opportunities on third party and local partner sites.
• Defines in-house F&B programming in partnership with F&B Director and manages execution.
• Sets overarching social media strategy for hotel/group of hotels, outlining goals and target segments.
• Develops and implements social strategy.
• Manages paid social media budget and strategy.
• Assists in reviewing social media content calendars and collect local area and property events.
• Leads, own and direct asset development including hotel collateral, photoshoots (sourcing, planning, on-site execution, post-editing and distribution), etc.
Effectively measures and clearly communicates success of campaigns and digital performance using relevant reports tools.
• Demonstrates the ability to create and maintain strong relationships and negotiation skills with key internal and external partners/stakeholders; (e.g. GMs, Sales and Revenue Leaders, Regional Team, media representatives).
• Manages development, design of hotel collateral as needed.
• Completes other reasonable duties as requested by leadership.
The salary range for this position is $77,921.00 to $137,661.00 annually. This position offers health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, accrued paid time off (including sick leave where applicable), life insurance, disability coverage, other life and work wellness benefits and may include incentive compensation. Benefits and incentive compensation may be subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, contribution, and other requirements and conditions.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
At Westin, we are committed to empowering guests to regain control and enhance their well-being when they need it most while traveling, ensuring they can be the best version of themselves. To achieve the brand mission of becoming the preeminent wellness brand in hospitality, we need passionate and engaged associates to bring the brand’s unique programming to life. We want our associates to embrace their own well-being practices both on and off property. You are the ideal Westin candidate if you are passionate; you are active and take pride in how you maintain your well-being; you are optimistic; you are adventurous. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing globalteam, and become the best version of you.
- Marriott Jobs