Weyerhaeuser Forklift and Distribution Center Associate (San Antonio, Texas) in San Antonio, Texas
Weyerhaeuser Distribution is a leader in distributing building products for residential, light commercial and home improvement applications worldwide.
We have an immediate opening for a Forklift and Building Materials Operator located at our new distribution center in San Antonio, Texas. The distribution center is located at the Port of San Antonio approximately 10 minutes SW of downtown. We encourage you to review the responsibilities and qualifications and apply today!
Weyerhaeuser has been in business for more than 120 years, and our strong foundation of values guides everything we do. Our people are our most valuable assets, and we’re serious about safety — there’s nothing more important than making sure every employee goes home safely each day. We are driven to achieve excellence and proud of what we do, and we strongly support and value different backgrounds and voices . With Weyerhaeuser, you’ll join a community where everyone has opportunities to develop and grow throughout their careers.
Competitive pay and excellent benefits.
Full benefits include:
- Health, Well-Being, and Future
- Medical Prescription, Dental Vision for you and your family
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance, Retirement Plan Options with Employer Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program
Time Away from Work
- Paid vacation time
- Disability Benefits, Parental Leave
Appreciation and Opportunity
- Competitive base pay and a site performance bonus plan
- Professional development and career advancement opportunities
- Safely operate and maintain propane or gas forklift to move products from stock lines to staging and/or cut stations
- Safely load products
- Ensure accountability for personal safety and the safety of others by addressing any unsafe practices observed
- Wear all personal protective equipment required
- Accurately perform basic math skills such as adding, subtracting and multiplying
- Accurately count units, record totals and document shipping and receiving activities
- Develop in depth knowledge of building material products and warehouse operations
- Be highly attentive and adaptive to warehouse routines
- Commit to quality, efficiency and continuous process improvement.
This position will work a daytime shift position with an opportunity for overtime as business conditions apply.
This is not an inside warehouse position. This role will perform manual labor 55- 65% of the time.
What you will need:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience operating a sit-down forklift with 9,000 to 17,500-pound forklift capacity
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and move or slide up to 100 pounds
- Must be able to operate a chainsaw with a 24” bar
- Willingness to work outside in the elements five days a week and occasional Saturdays depending on business needs
- Computer skills: SAP or other Warehouse Management Systems
- Ability to work cohesively in a team environment with strong attention to detail and accuracy
What will make you stand out:
- 2 or more years of experience operating a 9,000 to 17,500-pound forklift
- Wood products cutting experience
- Building materials distribution work experience/ background
- Knowledge of building materials/construction background
About Wood Products: We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
About Weyerhaeuser We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. *We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Forklift and Distribution Center Associate (San Antonio, Texas)
Location: TX-San Antonio
Requisition ID: 01020331
- Weyerhaeuser Jobs