USAA Quantitative Risk Analyst Lead in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Quantitative Risk Analyst Lead - Credit Products for our San Antonio, TX facility.
Conducts and develops quantitative and analytic models, assessments and/or applications in support of risk management efforts that assess the market and identify risks and gaps in existing or proposed processes. Applies diverse methodologies and deep experience in a variety of disciplines to identify and solve complex and/or undefined risk problems. Works with leadership to remediate gaps and improvements identified between existing practices and regulatory requirements. Leads and executes complex initiatives and cross functional teams within the Chief Risk Office and across the Enterprise that drive problem resolution. Leverages broad enterprise knowledge and/or expert knowledge of core business discipline(s), products and processes.
- Applies expert analytical knowledge to utilize advanced analytics to assess future risk and/or new risks, opportunities, and effectiveness.
- Translates results into meaningful solutions to enhance decision making.
- Presents findings to senior level leadership.
- Applies expert knowledge and industry best practices to quantify risk and aggregate exposures.
- Develops complex systems and programs that measure aggregate risk exposures.
- Performs model validations and presents results to senior leadership.
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change.
- Translates recommendations into communication materials to effectively present to senior leadership.
- Recommendations typically have a major impact on business results.
- Provides subject matter expertise in operationalizing recommendations.
- Applies expert knowledge to produce advanced analytical material to lead discussions with cross functional teams and senior leadership to understand complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Demonstrates thought leadership in cross functional team environments.
- Drives and creates cross functional teams in support of initiatives that have significant impact to the enterprise or a core business area.
- Provides direction and mentorship to other team members in the peer review process.
- Expertly communicates analytical results, findings and solutions to governance committees and business process owners and influences business analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline required. (4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.)
- 8 or more years of related quantitative analysis experience in a discipline relevant to risk management to include statistical analysis, modeling, mathematics or other quantitative discipline (Or advanced degree/designation in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline and 6 or more years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management Or PhD in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative discipline and 4 or more years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management)
- Successful completion of an analyst assessment may be required.
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 10+ years related work experience in statistical analysis and model development in credit risk of retail banks or related financial services
- Expert knowledge of data analysis tools;
- Expert knowledge in developing analysis queries and procedures in SQL, SAS, BI tools or other analysis software
- Expert knowledge of broad range of modeling techniques (Generalized linear modeling, Time Series, CART, Decision Trees, Neural Networks, Factor analysis experimental design, hypothesis testing, and/or advanced techniques.)
- Expert knowledge of industry data sources: credit behavior and bureau data.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to influence at various levels of management.
- Deep knowledge and advanced business acumen of credit products and credit risk analytics.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 04/22/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Quantitative Risk Analyst Lead TX-San Antonio R0019439