Abbott Senior Software Test Engineer in San Diego, California
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
The position of Senior Software Test Engineer is within our Abbott Rapid Diagnostics division located at Alere San Diego in San Diego, California. This role will lead the software verification and validation activities for our next generation of portable diagnostics platforms product software and non-product software in one or more projects.
This job description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change by management.
Create manual and automated test protocols from technical designs, specifications, and requirements at sub-system and system level.
· Develop documentation such as test plans, protocols, reports, and traceability matrices to meet compliance standards with the defined processes.
· Develop innovative methods to find solutions and improve quality, test efficiency, and regression coverage.
· Reports and documents software defects, collaborates with the cross functional teams to resolve them and provide input on issues that impact product performance and system stability
· Participate in scrum meetings and follow internal software development, cyber security, and validation procedures that comply with medical and security regulations.
· Validate the configuration, functionality, and user interface of non-product software tools.
· Understands and is aware of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job; has awareness of device defects that may occur in their area of responsibility, including product design, verification and validation, manufacturing and testing activities
Responsible for exhibiting professionalbehavior with both internal/external business associates that reflectspositively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policiesand practices; build productive internal/external working relationships
Carries out duties in compliance withestablished business policies
· Other duties as assigned, according to the changing needs of the business
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience in delivering products for the Medical Device industry (IVD industry preferred).
· 5+ years of experience and strong technical competency in testing
· 5+ years of experience as a software test engineer verifying complex embedded systems.
· 3+ years of experience with tools such as Jira, Confluence, Github, Gerrit, Jenkins, or other industry leading toolsets.
· 3+ years of experience creating and maintaining traceability, test coverage, and defect trends metrics.
· 2+ year of experience in OOP using Python, C# or similar languages.
· 2+ years of experience working in an Agile environment.
· Experience testing software in RTOS environments (e.g. Windows Embedded Compact/CE, QNX, Linux/Ubuntu Embedded, and VxWorks).
· Knowledge of authentication protocols and cybersecurity.
· Knowledge of Medical Device regulations (ISO 13485, ISO 14971, IEC 62304, 21 CFR part 820.30-Design Controls, FDA SW Guidelines).
· Familiarity with communications: Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Wireless, Bluetooth, TCP/IP.
· Very strong written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
· Experience testing throughout the entire software development lifecycle using various software testing practices (black box testing, risk based testing, integration testing, system testing, regression testing, exploratory testing).
· Familiar with testing of healthcare communication protocols (e.g. ASTM, HL7, POCT1A).
• Continually develops his/her own skillset.
• Acts ethically and takes accountability for achieving outcomes.
• Avoids getting stuck in a "one right way" approach – remains open minded to new ideas.
• Promptly and effectively handles issues and problems.
An equal opportunityemployer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation, please contact your local HR department.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com
- Abbott Jobs