J&J Family of Companies Director, Portfolio Innovation Lead in San Francisco, California
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director, Portfolio Innovation Lead to support the development of compounds for treating Cardiovascular, Metabolism and Retinal Diseases, to be located in Raritan, NJ, Spring House, PA, San Francisco, CA or Boston, MA.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with a foundation of statistical principles and proven data analytical expertise in the drug development arena. The portfolio innovation lead will implement strategies to help drive decisions across the CVMR portfolio. The role requires creativity to proactively anticipate problems and increase the Probability of Technical and Regulatory Success (PTRS) of assets in the pipeline. The role will lead all aspects of endpoint creation to balance the efficacy and safety of assets, and will coordinate project budget, timelines, and oversight on outsourced projects. We expect this role to deliver high quality and timely results.
The lead will work with data scientists, statisticians, operations, and regulatory to build data driven solutions. The role needs to also build interpersonal relationships with internal and external partners. Skills desired include programming, clinical trial data analysis and communication of technical solutions to an audience with a range of science backgrounds. Clinical drug development experience especially with filings, high-dimensional molecular, digital or biomarker utility is desired. Retinal or otology disease knowledge preferred.
• Education: Ph.D. in Statistics, Data science or related field with 3-5 years relevant experience, or Master’s in Statistics, data science or related field with 10 or more years of relevant experience is required.
• Good knowledge of health authority guidelines is required.
• Good knowledge of disease area science is preferred.
• Proficiency in SAS, R, Python, as well as an understanding of other relevant computational tools is preferred.
• Previous project management experience is preferred.
• Experience managing a CRO is preferred.
• Excellent written and oral skills.
• Experience in an interdisciplinary and diverse environment.
• This position will be located in Raritan, NJ, Spring House, PA, San Francisco, CA or Boston, MA, and may require up to 10% of travel both internationally and domestically
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-920 US Highway 202
North America-United States-Massachusetts-Boston, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, North America-United States-California-San Francisco
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
J&J Family of Companies
- J&J Family of Companies Jobs