Cardinal Health Pharmacy Technician (Hosp Encompass Health-San Juan) in San Juan, Puerto Rico
What Health System Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health :
Health System Pharmacy is responsible for providing customized pharmacy program solutions that reduce costs and improve patient care quality for hospitals, health systems and other integrated healthcare providers may also consult with and advise healthcare team on prescribed medications, supplies and related processes.
- Receive written prescription or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate.
- Prepack bulk medicines, fill bottles with prescribed medications, and type and affix labels.
- Answer telephones, responding to questions or requests.
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
- Assist customers by answering simple questions, locating items, or referring them to the pharmacist for medication information.
- Maintain documentation in compliance with regulations.
- Responsible for inventory management.
- Executes hospital and pharmacy policies and procedures.
- Ensures that received orders are managed within established guidelines.
- Will interact with staff, internal and external customers and peer groups at various management levels.
- A minimum of an Associate Degree in Pharmacy is required.
- Pharmacy Technician License and Registry for Puerto Rico is required.
- A minimum of 1 year of previous pharmacy operations experience is preferred.
- Fully Bilingual in Spanish and English verbal and written is preferred.
- Customer service and communication skills.
- Availability to work extend hours and during weekend days is required.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Job Schedule: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday to Friday.
- A Covid-19 vaccination or a legitimate accommodation is required in order to be employed in this position. Covid-19 vaccination includes:2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks.
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area.
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications.
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution.
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods.
- Adheres to all quality guidelines.
- Works under moderate degree of supervision.
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a "Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube (http://youtube.com/user/CardinalHealth)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs