HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Certified Surgical Technician PRN in Sanford, Florida
Central Florida Regional Hospital, a 221-bed acute care hospital and Level II Trauma Center, serves the communities of Seminole and west Volusia counties. The hospital provides the only full-service cardiovascular program in Seminole and west Volusia, including open heart surgery, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, cardiac rehabilitation and comprehensive diagnostic services. Other specialized services include orthopedic and spine care, robotic surgery, acute inpatient medical rehabilitation and complete imaging services. Central Florida Regional Hospital is located 3.6 miles east of I-4 between S.R. 46 and Highway 17-92 in Sanford. The hospital provides 24/7 emergency care at its main location as well as at Heathrow ER located at 4525 International Parkway in Sanford. For more information, please visitwww.CentralFloridaRegional.com.
Central Florida Regional Hospital is currently seeking a Certified OR Surgical Technician to join our team. This position will be PRN, as needed.
- Anticipates physician preferences based upon scheduled surgical procedures contributing to achievement of established OR goals/performance numbers and improving patient outcomes.
- Assists in operative procedures by preparing and passing instruments and supplies, holding retractors and cutting sutures.
- Assists in the maintenance and care of specimens and prepares surgical specimen for laboratory analysis
- Assists in the preparation of the operative site in anticipation of the surgical procedure.
- Follows universal precautions, and follows patient safety standards; and ensures proper cleaning, processing, and handling of all surgical instrumentation and scopes. Applies the principles of asepsis to ensure the prevention of infection and maintain optimum patient care.
- Works collaboratively with surgical team to perform and ensure accurate surgical counts. Demonstrates knowledge of hospital acquired conditions.
- Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Communicates and interacts with patients, families and others in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Communicates effectively and works with physicians and/or other members of the interdisciplinary team in meeting patient needs.
- Graduate from approved Surgical Tech Program
- 1-3 years of experience as a surgical tech is preferred.
- Current BLS, or BLS Instructor- through the American Heart Association
- CST (Certified Surgical Technologist) from a commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program (CAAHEP) or TS-C (Tech in Surgery- Certified) from the National Center for competency testing (NCCT).
- Skills: critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills.
Job: *Clinical Techs - CV Cath Lab Surg Vasc & Central Sterile
Title: Certified Surgical Technician PRN
Location: Florida-Sanford-Central Florida Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 00327-10014