HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Respiratory Care Assistant PRN in Sanford, Florida
Central Florida Regional Hospital, a 221-bed acute care hospital and Level II trauma center, serves the communities of Seminole and west Volusia counties. The hospital provides the only full-service cardiovascular program in Seminole and west Volusia, including open heart surgery, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, cardiac rehabilitation and comprehensive diagnostic services. Other specialized services include orthopedic and spine care, robotic surgery, wound care, acute inpatient medical rehabilitation, complete imaging services and The Baby Suites.
Position Summary: The Respiratory Therapy Assistant is an equipment and inventory technician who cleans, monitors, and maintains routine respiratory care equipment throughout the hospital, including stocking medical oxygen supplies and gases. You are expected to smile!
- Perform daily equipment processing of respiratory equipment: Disassemble process, clean, assemble, and test respiratory equipment according to department policies/manufacturers recommendation.
- Communicates effectively and works with physicians and/or other members of the interdisciplinary team in meeting patient needs.
- Actively contributes to and works toward hospital wide improvement in meeting core measures, patient safety and service excellence goals.
- Continuously evaluates work process and design; understands role in ensuring quality/performance improvement, productivity, and service delivery to meet stakeholder needs.
- Performs duties in accordance with departmental policies and procedures, and recognized professional, quality, patient safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Provides and maintains an adequate inventory of oxygen gas cylinders in department storage areas and on patient care areas.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Responsible for ordering, stocking, and maintaining respiratory supplies/equipment within the Respiratory Care Department and in patient care areas, this includes rental equipment.
- Assist in performing inventory of department equipment and supplies, counts supplies with accuracy.
- Willingly shares knowledge/expertise and assists co-workers. Fosters teamwork and contributes to achievement of team goals. Acts as a resource for co-workers as appropriate.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, patient conferences and in-service presentations as appropriate. Completes annual competency training, including but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvement, MSDS, and OSHA standards (PPE, First Aid and Blood-borne Pathogens, Hazard Communications, Emergency Procedures and Job Safety).
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the Code of Conduct. Personal/professional conduct reflects the Company’s values and a commitment to the Code of Conduct.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Enrolled for credit in an approved Respiratory Care education program.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support); or BLS, ACLS, PALS Instructor (3/2016) all cards issued by American Heart Association or American Red Cross (1/1/20)
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Respiratory Care Assistant PRN
Location: Florida-Sanford-Central Florida Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 00327-9784