Assurant Lead Software Engineer in Santa Ana, California
As a Lead Software Engineer, you’re charged with providing software development guidance and mentoring. This is a highly technical position that has direct authority over the processes and people responsible for the technical rigor of some of Assurant’s key systems. Your team will build product that continuously provides business value.
- Build and deliver IT solutions that demonstrably provide business value o Using the right blend of people, process and technology
- Mentor and lead high-performing development teams
- Responsible for defining and execution of the onboarding process of team members
- Responsible for the retention, development, coaching, and performance management of the team members
- Strive to achieve consistency across assigned feature delivery teams
- Ensure team collaboration, resolve issues, provide coaching and feedback and manage performance of development team members.
- Ensure team members have necessary tools and training to be effective in their feature delivery roles.
- Define, monitor, and enforce coding standards and promote design pattern usage
- Ensure as-built documentation is captured
- Stay current in new technologies and platforms; identifies emerging technologies to solve complex business problems.
- Partner with QA, BA, and Agile Practice to form high performing delivery teams.
Shared Responsibilities * Provide leadership, coaching, and direction to the IT teams and associated staff * Partner with lead software engineers to develop standard IT processes and best practices * Coach assigned developers and provide them with guidance to be successful in their roles * Responsible for maintaining team backlog to sustain platform health and drive continuous growth
Basic Qualifications: * 5 years of technical leadership developing enterprise level software * 5 years of programming experience
Preferred Qualifications: * Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related discipline or equivalent work experience * Demonstrated DevOps experience * Ability to design and build both on premise and cloud solutions * Microsoft certifications a plus * Understanding of enterprise design patterns and best practices * Experience with COTS products such as Neuron, ElasticSearch, EventStore and Informatica
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Lead Software Engineer
Location: CA-Santa Ana
Requisition ID: 55123