HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Manager Laboratory in Savannah, Georgia
Do you have the career opportunities as a Manager *you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join *Memorial Health Savannah, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Memorial Health Savannah, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Manager where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The* Manager*will provide technical expertise and direction for their laboratory section including oversight of proficiency testing, quality control, quality assurance and compliance; maintenance of state of the art procedures; daily monitoring of efficient and accurate workflow and clinical correlation of results. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now.
What you will do in this role:
* You will provide support functions to the staff of the laboratory including participation in recruitment and retention; timely and accurate completion of payroll; oversight of staff education, skill development and performance improvement; assistance with technical problem solving and backup bench performance as necessary for efficient lab function.
* You will evaluate staff performance and work-related behavior per policies, obtaining information from appropriate personnel utilizing effective coaching to enhance the performance of the employee * You will model leadership behavior, set expectations for teamwork and hold staff accountable for performance * You will demonstrate effectiveness in planning for future needs by budget preparation on an annual basis, monitoring monthly reports to ensure that the department stays within budget constraints. * You will provide support functions to the Laboratory Director including meeting accreditation guidelines and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Medical Technology or related science ASCP or NCA specialist certification required.
- 5 years of lab experience; 3 years of leadership experience Memorial Health University Medical Center (MHUMC) is a 610 plus bed hospital in Savannah, Georgia. We opened our doors in 1955 and have evolved into the most advanced healthcare provider in the region. We are a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies, and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level 1 trauma center, the region's only children's hospital, and the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine. Memorial Health proudly serves 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina. Memorial Health University Medical Center has earned local, regional and national honors. At MHUMC, we are not content with business as usual. Our goal is to create a new stand for excellence that will not only serve our current patients but also change the future of medicine.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Manager opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Manager Laboratory
Location: Georgia-Savannah-Memorial Health UMC Savannah
Requisition ID: 26960-13379