Hyatt Banquet Manager - Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa in SCOTTSDALE, Arizona
Role & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Goal of the Banquet Manager: Effectively and proactively monitors the daily functions of the Events Department. This is including providing support and guidance to the banquet team and event team. This also includes working and communicating closely with all hotel departments and to ensure a successful and effective event resulting in a positive guest experience.
The Banquet Manager responsibilities may include:
· Supports and Manages the Events Department while working closely with the Food and Beverage Director and other hotel departments. Leadership responsibilities may also include Convention Services Set Up and Banquet Beverage.
· Supervise, Empower, Lead, Coach and Motivate the Banquet team including captains, food servers, and lead house attendants towards achieving exceptional guest service results and complete associate engagement
· Ability to assist the hotel in reaching top box service scores on our Meeting Planner surveys. Ensure thorough communication and understanding with guests and other departments by reviewing Banquet Event Orders. Responsible for the appropriate and timely set up of all functions and meetings while maintaining standards of food, beverage and meeting specifications
· Responsible for proactively reviewing staffing and equipment needs
· Responsible for ensuring coordination and execution of all events with Culinary, Stewarding, Catering/CS, CS Floor and Beverage
· Responsible for maintaining a high energy, positive, professional appearance
· Responsible for developing innovative and creative décor for Banquet function space
· Responsible for short and long term banquet functions in the front and back of the house
· Creates an environment establishing highest standards of quality service and ensures implementation through effective hiring, training development, promotion and continuous reinforcement.
· Administrative tasks may include the facilitation of payroll, reports, forecasts, point of sale procedures, inventory and budget for food and beverage functions
· Performing daily walk-throughs in banquet department and all function space and storerooms to ensure full compliance with Department of Health regulations and Hyatt Corporate standards
· Ability to develop ideas for special events and holiday functions
Banquet Managers must have open availability and be able to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Set amidst flowering cactus and framed against the majestic McDowell Mountains, our Arizona destination resort is surrounded by adventures and miles from the ordinary. Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch features 493 rooms and suites with balconies and terraces offering breathtaking sunsets, mountain, or golf course views. Our property offers a state of the art Spa, 2.5-acre water playground complete with a sand beach and 3-story high-speed waterslide, private golf course, and nightly entertainment.
At Hyatt, we believe in the power of belonging and creating a culture of care, where our colleagues become family. Since 1957, our colleagues have been at the heart of our business and helped Hyatt become one of the world's best and fastest-growing hospitality brands. As we continue to grow, we never lose sight of what’s most important: People. We turn trips into journeys, encounters into experiences, and jobs into careers.
· Full Time Management Position that requires full flexibility, including the ability to work weekends and holidays and a varied schedule
· A true desire to understand and anticipate the needs of others in a fast paced environment
· Refined verbal and written communication skills
· Must be proficient in general computer knowledge
· Candidates should be extremely creative, innovative, detail oriented and organized
· Hotel experience and a thorough understanding of all levels of banquet service
· Previous experience as a Banquet Manager/Assistant preferred
· Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, strong developer and trainer and effective in providing exceptional customer service
Benefits & Perks
· Opportunities to work around the world with Hyatt Hotels and Resorts
· Discounted & Complimentary Hotel Room Nights
· Enjoy free employee meals in our employee dining hall
· Free covered parking
· Medical Dental and Vision Insurance (Full-time colleagues)
· Retirement savings plan
· Excellent training and professional development
· Tuition/Wellness reimbursement, up to $1,000 a year!
· Employee Stock Purchase plan
· Discounts at various retailers - Apple, AT&T, Verizon, Headspace and many more
Our Values: Empathy | Integrity | Respect | Inclusion | Experimentation | Wellbeing
About The Hiring Process
We are excited that you have chosen to express interest in joining Hyatt Hotels and Resorts. We will be sure to take a look at your application and get back to you within a week of your submission. Thank you for your patience while we do so.
Hyatt is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required, as well as a completed background check.
Primary Location: US-AZ-Scottsdale
Organization: Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: SCO005336
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.
- Hyatt Jobs