Weyerhaeuser Corporate Sustainability Intern in Seattle, Washington
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about natural resources and sustainability, loves to collaborate, is skilled at juggling priorities, never misses a detail, and believes in the benefit of good data and great communication. You love to tackle complex projects with lots of moving parts, and you are just as happy digging into data-entry work or getting simple tasks done perfectly. You are responsible, reliable, quick and accurate, and your can-do attitude makes you the go-to person for a wide range of requests. You enjoy working in teams and excel at contributing at the individual level.
We are a small, fun, fast-moving team responsible for developing and implementing our company-wide sustainability strategy, coordinating our overall forest certification program, managing our environmental information systems, and stewarding sustainability-related projects that require a cross-functional approach. We really love the work we do, and we’re looking for the right person to help us do it better by joining our team.
This position is a 3-month internship that will operate virtually, with the option to extend to 6 months. Our team is based in Seattle, Washington, and we are working from home during the coronavirus pandemic. The position is full-time but can be scaled to part-time as needed based on class schedules.
The position will report to the Corporate Sustainability Manager, will work closely with our Corporate Sustainability Analyst, and will provide support to other members of the Corporate Sustainability team, as necessary.
- Research sustainability topics to aid in the implementation of our new sustainability strategy, particularly topics related to our 3 by 30 Positive Impact Areas
- Provide support to forest certification and environmental data collection efforts
- Help track internal and external customer requests and inquiries
- Help translate technical information to internal teams
Various other duties as assigned
Pursuing a degree, or recently graduated with a degree in Forestry, Natural Resources, Wood Science, Environmental Studies, Sustainability, Engineering, or related field
- Able to commit to a 3-month internship
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team environment
- High level of initiative and motivation
- High level of integrity around confidential and proprietary information
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Technically savvy, with expertise with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Comfort with virtual communication and collaboration tools
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Resume, cover letter and recent writing sample are required for consideration
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Administrative, General Management, Legal, Real Estate, & Miscellaneous
Title: *Corporate Sustainability Intern *
Requisition ID: 01015874
- Weyerhaeuser Jobs