Weyerhaeuser IT Intern - People Systems in Seattle, Washington
At Weyerhaeuser, we are the world’s premier timber, land, and forest products company. Sustainability is the founding concept of our business and our values drive every decision to ensure we continue to lead the forestry industry in sustainability practices. And we know about sustainability – we led it in the forestry industry when we planted our first seedling by hand in 1938. Weyerhaeuser is a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) and publicly traded. We recognize that our success is dependent on the success of our people. For over 100 years, our Weyerhaeuser team has been making a difference in the world – from the seedlings we plant, to the forests and trees we nurture, we ensure every acre is managed with diligence, patience, and pride. That’s the Weyerhaeuser way.
Our Corporate Functions People Systems team is looking for a talented individual that is forward-thinking, has an eye for details, and will be a key contributor as we maintain & modernize HR technologies. We are a passionate group of dedicated IT professionals, highly focused on delivering valuable solutions to our business partners. We are responsible for a wide variety of HR related software platforms and applications and partner closely with key company-wide HR functions including Recruiting, Talent Management, Payroll and Benefits.
*This internship will be active in many aspects of our support model: *
- Work closely with our People Systems Engineers
- Participate in developing automated processes using scripting
- Learn and execute basic PeopleSoft administration
- Learn and participate in managing a Windows server environment
- Basic AWS EC2 administration assistance
- Support PeopleSoft integration processes
- Explore data analytics using Power BI, including Playbook updates
- Work collaboratively with HCM project managers, developers and analysts in planning and executing the rollout of the roadmap
The ideal candidate is motivated to learn, results oriented, and is committed to providing outstanding customer support every day. This individual will enjoy solving new problems and be capable of working on independent tasks while part of a larger team.
The duration of this internship is approximately 6 months beginning in July 2021.
- Desired candidates will be currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program related to Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field of study or graduated within 6 months of application.
- Strong analytical skills and creative problem-solving ability
- Knowledge and interest in cloud systems, hardware, and software
- Knowledge and interest in infrastructure and integrations
- Self-starter with strong customer focus, follow-through, and solution orientation
- Demonstrates ability to troubleshoot processes and systems, and to propose solutions
- Displays curiosity about how and why business processes and system functionality work
- Approach problems with a strong sense of ownership, initiative, and tenacity
- Successfully self-manage a long to-do list, complete items quickly and adapt to quickly changing priorities
- Able to commit to a six month internship starting July 2021
- Familiarity with Windows server operating systems
- Exposure to PowerShell scripting and automation
- Exposure to SQL
- Exposure to Unix OS
- Familiarity with system context diagrams
- Exposure to relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle)
- Exposure to Office 365 applications
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Administrative, General Management, Legal, Real Estate, & Miscellaneous
Title: IT Intern - People Systems
Requisition ID: 01016230
- Weyerhaeuser Jobs